91 sleaf sprung X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 sleaf sprung X

I have finaly done it my truck now sits on a dana 30 on its own weight. i am pumped up i have waited for a long time for this day. I used chevy springs from a tahoe rear jeep shakel mounts and made my own front hanger. i have about 2 more days worth of stuff to do but i am pumped!! i am gona do a SOA on the rear and then take some pics to share. i know its not a dana 44 and 9 inch but its a low budget stump jumpin machine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome

Sounds great man. Can't wait to see some pics of this thing. What else do you have left? What tires are you running too. Hurry up with pics i wanna see this!

pics ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

guys i am sorry to have kept you all waiting the last week has been insane with my truck from stuff not fitting right to not haveing the right parts. ok well istill have a mild to do list to finish it but it now can drive down the street ( no shocks is a verry scarry thing).

to do list:
steering stabalizer
shocks
shock hoops need to be welded on
frame needs strenthing
body needs some triming for the tires
brakes need to be bled
aling the front end
get a drive shaft made

other than that list i would say its about 90% done mabe a little more. so here is the low down i what i have used. the front springs are from a 95 chevy tahoe. the front shackles are for a old cj-5 rear and the shackle perches are for a jeep aswell. i have 33x10.50r15 buckshot muders on black steel wheels. umm thats about it if you have more questions tell me i will answer them. oh ya we took it out today to test the flex and my buddy just about **** him self when he saw it flex the one of the things i wanted to with this sas was to show him how big of a pile his toyota was. pics are on my myspace page under pics here is the link:

890011129_l.jpg

890003955_l.jpg

ok to post pics : 1 ) right click on the pic 2) highlight URL 3 ) put
in the back 5) you posted a pic

pics now added for all to see

sweet, is this a trail only rig or DD ??

trail/ dd i am gona milk it for all its worth then its back into the shop and its gettin a d44 and frod 9 inch also a 305 and new tranny not shure yet witch one. any suggestions?
kevin

and why are you gonna put a 305 in a ford ??? a 305 is a chevy motor and ford makes a 302 incase thats what you meant....what did that front spring hanger come off of, looks good..

i ment 302 i am a big bow tie guy but have found a place for fords as for that hanger its home made its burrly too. its made with 2x2 inch square tubeing 1/2 inch thick walls the ends are 1/2 inch thick steal plate. then we used the same desine off of my buddys toyota and made it bigger and badder. i will try and take some pics of jsut the hanger and post them it looks good up close.
kevin

Got any more pics of the shackles and mount? The myspace link didnt show up.

whats the link for the picks cause i want to see how you did it cause im gonna do the same stuff

i have question 4 u i have a d30 and i have heard that u need the transfer case from what ever you got it from. did u get the t case or just change the gears? another thing is u said u were having a driveshaft made how much did it cost u and what are the specs to have it made? i think thats it and was it any good on the road. thanks 4 ur time.

you dont need the case but someone may assume this due to the fact of the dana 30 vaccume disconect....

Back