2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

Does anyone know of a sway bar disconnect kit for a 3rd Gen explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

great pictures the farthers mine has been offroad is when i parked in the grass at a party lol

That's pretty sick...Does anyone ever have the same problem that i do when i go offroading in the mud...Everytime i go offroading my tensioner always starts squeeking after really loud and has to be replaced everytime...does anyone have that same problem??????

I have 245/75/16's on my 04 Mounty.
After reading alot on here, seeing what other fellow X'ers had on their trucks, and doing LOTS of math and measurements. I realised that I could fit 265/75/16's on my truck.
But the problem was that I wasnt sure if I would have rubbing at full steer, or have flex problems.
(the explorers are the same as mounties, but I wasnt 100% possitive on the fender clearance, and wheel-well clearances.....)

I wanted to get some BFG M/T's, but I've heard from several people that their 30's are really 31" 's , and so on.........(probably BS)

So I just played it safe and got some 245/75's.....
And they fit FINE, I actually could have gone an inch bigger, but might have had steering issues.

I like the 02+ explorers/mountys.

They arent meant for real crazy off-roading, but they are a solid SUV.
They are meant for dirt, sand, water, and basic mud.....not pure bogging.

I mean if you gotta do some trail running, or go thru some water 1 or 2 foot high.....it'll be no problem!

They arent as basic as the 2nd gen explorers or older trucks.
The 3rd Gens have the Luxury/Newschool design over the older trucks. But the 2nd gen's have that adaptability to become a bigger/badder truck easily. The 3rd Gens weren't designed that way.

But they still get the basic job done.......nothing hardcore though(stock)

I only have the AWD v8, and I'd been thru deep water, and sand, and it got thru without missing a beat.

They only do what they are MEANT to do, maybe a little more with modification!!

this thread keeps getting me excited, i cant wait to get some 265's on my 02 and take it out...

planting3seeds - Sweet pictures man!! I love the look of your truck...

Can't believe I never seen this thread before, I been wantin to see some 3rd gens in the off-road scene, some cool pics :thumbsup:

planting3seeds, that is tight! So how are the new coil springs holdin up? Looks like they did fine offroad.

the new coils did awesome... it was great not bottoming out for a change on some of the rock trails i took... and i definetly recommend these tires (firestone destination m/t) ... i went up this mountian and at the top was mostly sand and i started to slide sideways and back... and at the bottom of this mountain were jaged rocks as big as my truck... but the tires saved me... they really tore into the ground to give me traction... whats truck haven?

crappy cell phone pic of a mud hole I went through today...

0120081807.jpg

What size tires are those??? And what kind of tires are they???

I can't remmeber what brand the brush guard is, I found it on ebay. The tires are only the stock 245's, They are called sierradials. Just road tires really. I'm gonna get some mud terrains once I get the springs.

I can't remmeber what brand the brush guard is, I found it on ebay. The tires are only the stock 245's, They are called sierradials. Just road tires really. I'm gonna get some mud terrains once I get the springs.

thats the exact brush guard i have... the company used to be called "hunter" and went thru ebay... i think they still do but they also have the website dealsofsteel.com which is the same manufacturer i believe... looks great... nice touch:thumbsup:

3rd gen

im new to this forum still, and i have a few pics... nothing extreme for i just turned 17.... but that doesnt stop me from "borrowing" my moms 3rd gen ;)

0705071728.jpg

0705071717.jpg

dont cha love the ol' "OH YEAH MAN YOU CAN MAKE IT!" - hah

stuck.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back