Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Explorer Audio & Navigation

Notices

Explorer Audio & Navigation Audio and navigation systems. CD, DVD, MP3, GPS, Video, Mobile Computer, Speakers, Amplifiers.

'05 Explorer: Disc won't eject from CD player

Old 10-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Am_Dew
Somehere in Northern CA
'05 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
'05 Explorer: Disc won't eject from CD player

2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio system (single CD, AM/FM)

From time to time, I cannot eject a CD from the CD player and the message "EJ ERR" displays. This has happened 2-3 times since I bought the vehicle in May '06 and each time the CD ejected a while later or the next day. Now there is a CD in there that I tried to eject last night and it still won't eject this morning.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
wharriso
Philadelphia, PA
06 Eddie Bauer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_Dew
2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio system (single CD, AM/FM)

From time to time, I cannot eject a CD from the CD player and the message "EJ ERR" displays. This has happened 2-3 times since I bought the vehicle in May '06 and each time the CD ejected a while later or the next day. Now there is a CD in there that I tried to eject last night and it still won't eject this morning.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Did you make the CD yourself? Does it have a label on it? Never put a CD with a label on it in a car changer. Get yourself a Sharpie and label them that way. Also, are you trying different CDs or is it always the same CD? Maybe its warped.
________
XR75

Last edited by wharriso; 01-23-2011 at 01:06 PM.
wharriso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
Am_Dew
Somehere in Northern CA
'05 XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharriso
Did you make the CD yourself? Does it have a label on it? Never put a CD with a label on it in a car changer. Get yourself a Sharpie and label them that way. Also, are you trying different CDs or is it always the same CD? Maybe its warped.
I have the single CD player system, not a changer. In any case, yes, I made the CD myself...on a top quality blank (Taiyo Yuden). No label, marked with a sharpie as all my home burned CDs are. Different CDs each time.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
bpwrightwv
2005 Eddie Bauer V6

Vehicle Specs

I've got the 6CD changer, and it will not eject CDs either. When I click EJ, it says 'initializing', when I click load it says CD error. It has 4 disks in it but all 6 lights are lit up like it's got a full magazine. I took the unit out and removed the top to try and see how to get them out, I can't even see how to slide them out. There's metal blocking the opening where they should slide out.
any ideas how to get them out?
bpwrightwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
Ruuudy
Lakeland, Fl.
1994 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Did you ever find a solution to your Disc problem?

I'm having a similar issure, except that I just can't seem to get the CD to ever engage into PLAY; it continously clicks, but never catches. Any solution on this problem? Thanks!
Ruuudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
bpwrightwv
2005 Eddie Bauer V6

Vehicle Specs

I just replaced it with an Audiovox and went ahead and bought an Audiovox Sirius unit as well.
After I got my stock unit out, I was able to jimmy it and get some CDs out, but I scratched one getting it out.
bpwrightwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
ld50
Oh, the money you`ll blow
British Columbia

93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Every work truck we have does that eventually. Everyone bangs the dash repeatedly while the cd goes in, until it starts playing, and then bangs the dash repeatedly to eject them.
When we bring them in they have to replace the whole deck (fleet coverage)
And the old ass who runs the counter at the dealership told me not to run burned cds into them, which is BS (-no labels, sharpie of course. )

I have a pioneer in my Ex that has never had a problem. has mostly seen only burned cds and it has been in there about 7 years! And the abuse it must see!
Our fleet trucks seem to shit the bed after about year, two at most.

Vehicle manufacturers gotta get rid of the AC Delco crap or whatever they are using nowadays. The lowest bidder probably.

All My Mods And How I did Them
ld50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page