'05 Explorer: Disc won't eject from CD player | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'05 Explorer: Disc won't eject from CD player

Am_Dew

Reaction score
City, State
Somehere in Northern CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Limited
2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio system (single CD, AM/FM)

From time to time, I cannot eject a CD from the CD player and the message "EJ ERR" displays. This has happened 2-3 times since I bought the vehicle in May '06 and each time the CD ejected a while later or the next day. Now there is a CD in there that I tried to eject last night and it still won't eject this morning.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Am_Dew said:
2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio system (single CD, AM/FM)

From time to time, I cannot eject a CD from the CD player and the message "EJ ERR" displays. This has happened 2-3 times since I bought the vehicle in May '06 and each time the CD ejected a while later or the next day. Now there is a CD in there that I tried to eject last night and it still won't eject this morning.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Did you make the CD yourself? Does it have a label on it? Never put a CD with a label on it in a car changer. Get yourself a Sharpie and label them that way. Also, are you trying different CDs or is it always the same CD? Maybe its warped.
________
XR75

wharriso said:
Did you make the CD yourself? Does it have a label on it? Never put a CD with a label on it in a car changer. Get yourself a Sharpie and label them that way. Also, are you trying different CDs or is it always the same CD? Maybe its warped.

I have the single CD player system, not a changer. In any case, yes, I made the CD myself...on a top quality blank (Taiyo Yuden). No label, marked with a sharpie as all my home burned CDs are. Different CDs each time.

I've got the 6CD changer, and it will not eject CDs either. When I click EJ, it says 'initializing', when I click load it says CD error. It has 4 disks in it but all 6 lights are lit up like it's got a full magazine. I took the unit out and removed the top to try and see how to get them out, I can't even see how to slide them out. There's metal blocking the opening where they should slide out.
any ideas how to get them out?

Did you ever find a solution to your Disc problem?

I'm having a similar issure, except that I just can't seem to get the CD to ever engage into PLAY; it continously clicks, but never catches. Any solution on this problem? Thanks!

I just replaced it with an Audiovox and went ahead and bought an Audiovox Sirius unit as well.
After I got my stock unit out, I was able to jimmy it and get some CDs out, but I scratched one getting it out.

Every work truck we have does that eventually. Everyone bangs the dash repeatedly while the cd goes in, until it starts playing, and then bangs the dash repeatedly to eject them.
When we bring them in they have to replace the whole deck (fleet coverage)
And the old ass who runs the counter at the dealership told me not to run burned cds into them, which is BS (-no labels, sharpie of course. )

I have a pioneer in my Ex that has never had a problem. has mostly seen only burned cds and it has been in there about 7 years! And the abuse it must see!
Our fleet trucks seem to **** the bed after about year, two at most.

Vehicle manufacturers gotta get rid of the AC Delco crap or whatever they are using nowadays. The lowest bidder probably.

Back