will 22 inch rims fit without a lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

will 22 inch rims fit without a lift

tanx

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte N.C
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer
will 22 inch rims fit 1994 explorer without a lift job?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah they should fit without a problem.. ive seen 23s but they rubbed

I'm not a bling guy, I'm a trail guy, so I guess I don't know much about this stuff. But, if you can fit 30 inch tires stock, shouldn't you be able to fit 28 inch rims, as long as you have tires with only 1 inch of profile?
If this isn't the case, could some one please explain why not.

wrong forum

I'm not a bling guy, I'm a trail guy, so I guess I don't know much about this stuff. But, if you can fit 30 inch tires stock, shouldn't you be able to fit 28 inch rims, as long as you have tires with only 1 inch of profile?
If this isn't the case, could some one please explain why not.

Well your analogy seems right but the problem is that most 22" rims are very wide, so your not just dealing with height but width is another issue

yes, 22 inch rims with tires fit perfectly on my 01 sport, and my 02 4 dr, i have tons of room on my 4dr and the only problem i could see happening, is the rubbing from the tire and wheel being so wide, other than that, i think 24's could fit

no they wont..lift it about 6inches.. and go with some 35 muds and go wheelin..

yall crazy but this what it looks like now
HPIM0022.jpg

and this is one on them 22'' so pretty
700895_7_full.jpg

eewwww.....first gen explorers are ment to be stock or lifted.....

with big rims and those expensive tires i would not recomend putting them on a truck with I-beams.... youll get crazy tire wear..... get another truck or a car or something with a arms so youre tires will sit level through the travel... ya you can align the explorers but just the way the wheels travel wont be.....good...just dont do it:thumbdwn:

but then again im not a fan of big rims on trucks at all......20's are sick but they need 40" tires wrapped around em haha

go get a 2wd 2nd gen explorer or something like that if you feel the need to put rims on something

eewwww.....first gen explorers are ment to be stock or lifted.....

with big rims and those expensive tires i would not recomend putting them on a truck with I-beams.... youll get crazy tire wear..... get another truck or a car or something with a arms so youre tires will sit level through the travel... ya you can align the explorers but just the way the wheels travel wont be.....good...just dont do it:thumbdwn:

but then again im not a fan of big rims on trucks at all......20's are sick but they need 40" tires wrapped around em haha

go get a 2wd 2nd gen explorer or something like that if you feel the need to put rims on something

its like you read my mind. 1st gens are just to boxy and big to do anything other than lift em.:D :D

The same could be said about hummers or scions, but that dosent stop people from putting rims on them worth more than the acual truck.

(Which would almost definatly be the case if you put 22's on a 1st gen)

To go along....1st gen Explorer's have be design a rougher suspension setup. Combine that with some big rims/low profile tires & your ride will be harsh, & bending those wheels will be a big headache.
If your going this route you need to invest in soft shocks & springs.

I think those 22s look great

Back