Ford Explorer P1464 Error code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer P1464 Error code

Majik69

Reaction score
City, State
El Paso TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
My 2002 ford explorer into have it inspected. The mechanic came to me and told me it failed due to an emission sensor being bad. Shows me the print out with the fault code emmision sensor. I had him replace it. Then he tells me I have to drive the truck around to get it through a "drive cycle". While driving it the check engine light comes on. I take it back and now he is telling me it has a different fault code P1464 ACCS to PCM high demand during self test.A/C. Says he cant pass the truck until this fault is cleared up. Did i mention he does A/C repair also ? Anyone got any suggestions on this? ::salute:

He needs to make sure he doesn't have the ac/heat on - the switch needs to be on off:

1. Rerun the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) or Key On Engine Running (KOER) test with the heater/A/C controls turned OFF. If the code doesn't come back, there are no problems.

2. If the code is still present, check pin #41 Dark Green/Orange (DG/O) wire at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) for voltage with the controls still set to OFF. There should be no voltage present. If there is, disconnect the low pressure cycling switch and recheck. If the voltage is still present, locate and repair the short to power between the low pressure cycling switch and the PCM.

3. If the voltage on pin 41 goes away with the low pressure cycling switch disconnected, check for a shorted control switch on the dash, or a short to power between the control switch and the low pressure cycling switch.

-Drew

That code doesn't set the CEL - it only comes up during the Self Test! Theres another code in the system if your CEL came on!

Thank you for this info...I'm an idiot..but thank you for this info. I just did the KOEO, KOER tests and about freaked out when this code as well as the P1000 code came up.

Back