Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum > Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum

Notices

Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum Ford Ranger and Mazda B Series forums. The Mazda B2300 B3000 and B4000 are clones of the Ford Ranger, with all systems the same. The only differences are trim and a few body parts. This forum discusses Ford Ranger and Mazda B series specific issues. Owners of the older Mazda B2000 B2200 and B2600 are welcome as well.

Dome light staying on when door is closed

Old 01-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
99ranger2.5l
Hamilton,OH
99 xlt ranger

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Question Dome light staying on when door is closed

I own a 99 2.5l ranger 5 speed, Only sometimes when i close my passenger door the dome light stays on...what can i do about this? and i have no clue where the sensor to the door being shut is...have looked and looked

help please
99ranger2.5l is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
prerunner02
Sacramento, CA
'02 XLT 4X4 V8

Vehicle Specs

the switch is integrated in the latch
prerunner02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
MyRanger4x
NJ
1994 Ranger XLT

Vehicle Specs

You may find the answer you are looking for in the thread called "Cab Light". It was only the 10th thread down in the Ranger forum when I posted this message.

Last edited by MyRanger4x; 01-14-2007 at 04:49 PM.
MyRanger4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
99ranger2.5l
Hamilton,OH
99 xlt ranger

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
thank you..i kind of figured it was but really didn't know for sure
99ranger2.5l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
MyRanger4x
NJ
1994 Ranger XLT

Vehicle Specs

Good luck, hope that works for you.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
Ranger Al
Fresno, California
'00 FX4 Ranger

Vehicle Specs

I had the same problem. The driver side door latch seem to be the most prone to this problem. I guessed everytime the truck is being use you need to open the driverside door. I tried spraying with electrical cleaner, silicone sprayer and as well as WD 40. They were all temp fix. There only two ways to fix this, go to the dealer and buy another latch and hope it will last till you sell the truck or just cut the wire going to the switch and tape up the wire. If you ever want to use the light on the dome just turn the on the switch above your head or if you have passenger the passenger door will turn on the light. I chose option 2 which work very well for me.

Ranger Al

1. XLT Ranger 4dr 4.0 5 spd 4X4-> K&N filter, grill insert, Stainless steel skid plate, 98 Mountaineer front axles swap, factory motor transplanted and new clutch kit, 3" Flowmaster 40 dual outlet, hard bedcover, JamesDuff traction bars, Bilstien shocks.
2. 1999 K1200RS BMW motorcycle <fast German technology>
3. 2005 Suzuki XL 7, the only small SUV with 7 passengers I could effort under $15K
4. 1970 VW project -needs exhaust, interior, extrical parts..
Ranger Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
rd_turbo
Mississauga, ON
'98 B3000 4X4

Vehicle Specs

WD40 worked like a champ on both sides for me. I'd opt for that first, even if you have to do it a couple of times. I wasn't concerned about the excess running down or into the door...it can only do the body good

rd_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
CaymanGreen
Pittsburgh
'97 Ranger 4.0 XtCab 5spd

Vehicle Specs

WD40 worked for me six yrs ago, and I haven't had to repeat it.
CaymanGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
In the Middle
'97 Ranger 5.0

Vehicle Specs

Holy old thread!

Is the switch itself not replaceable? Or do you need the whole latch assembly?
5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #10
CaymanGreen
Pittsburgh
'97 Ranger 4.0 XtCab 5spd

Vehicle Specs

They're replaceable, but given the choice between buying the switch and then tearing the door apart to swap it out vs. a short spraying with WD40...

As an experiment I tried the same approach on my turn signal switch a couple wks ago - it's acted erratic/sluggish/nonfunctional in cold weather for the last couple yrs till the cab warms up, and all the posts I could find here talked about replacing the switch. So far it's acting completely normal. Wahoo!!
CaymanGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #11
Moranger1
New Brunswick Canada
06' Ranger Sport

Vehicle Specs

Hi Folks, I'm new to this.
My 2006 Ranger has had this problem for awhile now, the door ajar light comes on as I'm driving or going around corners, had a close look at it today and it seems that the rear drivers door is not latching at the bottom. Tried the wd40 and antiseize, lots of rust draining out (not good!) but still not latching. Any hints?
Moranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page