Biggest Tires on a stock '01 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Biggest Tires on a stock '01 Explorer

Brownpsu78

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
Right now i have stock bfgoodriches on my explorer....Does anyone know what the biggest size tire that can be put on the stock rim and w/o rubbing are...also what are some other great tires...they will see some mud, rain, snow...i live in new england...best weather in the world!!!!!!!!ya not

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i do not want to modify how big a tire can i fit stock on stock rims

i have 32x11.5x15 on my stock 15x7 inch rims right now. I fit 31's on my 96 explorer with no mods to suspension. It really differs from on vehicle to the next. you should be able to fit 31's, if not then just go with some 30's.

You also can use the search feature, im sure this has been talked about before and this site has tons of useful information.

it has but my big issue is that i refuse to adjust the torsion bar or trim just yet...i just want larger tires w/o modifying...is everyone sure that the larger 31x10.5x15 will fit...tires will fit...also other than tirerack who can i order from online...i do not know what the rims are they are stock so are they 15x8 or 15x7

Back