New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc...

asimp

Reaction score
City, State
Bardstown, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Limited
Got everything finally done, thought I would throw up some pics and see what you guys thought. Installed the aviator mirrors, hood scoop, etc..... It is also lowered with Ground Force springs and has 20" MB express wheels. Let me know what you think!

000_0386-1.jpg

000_0379.jpg

000_0384.jpg

000_0385.jpg

000_0354.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sick. Great job man!

nice truck if i had a newer one id do that

nice truck dude, those tires fit the wells nice what size are they?

Thanks for the compliments guys! Tire size is 275/45.

that truck is bad a**.

where did you get your hood scoop? i want one :D

Got the scoop off Ebay, its the same scoop that they use on the mustangs from 99-04. Bryan....I am debating a super charger!

I'm not into the lowered and 20's thing, but i must say that's clean. By far the nicest one i've seen in a looong time. Good job dude :thumbsup:

awesome, love it. 3rd gens look pretty good lowered

I have a few questions for you...

1. Can you link me to a white hood scoop like that?

2. Can you link me to some aviator mirrors like that.

3. Can you link me to those rims and tires on www.discounttiredirect.com?

4. How did you remove the rack up top? Do you just remove the bolts or do you have to weld in things to close the holes up?

5. How did you debadge the car? Did you do it with a hair dryer? I am scared to do it.

6. Are the rear windows factory tint? If so, What percent are the front windows?

7. What interior mods do you have?

You have no idea how bad I want these questions answered. I will love you if you answer them... not really but you get the idea. lol. Just please help!!!

Wow....ok give me time to look it all up....I'll pm you what I find
As far as interior mods....I haven't done any.

The tint is factory, I had them match the front to the rest of it.

Debadging....I used a heat gun and pulled them off. Then I used goo gone to get rid of the remaining.

Roof racks.....you just pop off the end caps, then there is 2 bolts under them, there is also 2 bolts in the middle of the rack as well, can't remember how that came off though. Just play with it, you'll get it. Then I just reinstalled the bolts and put touch up paint on them to match the X. This way no water leaks in.

WOW man thanks sooo much, you answered every single question!! haha. How much did it cost to get the hood scoop matched?

I painted it myself....first time I ever painted. Needless to say, it had to be sanded down several time before I got it right LOL!

how did u paint it? did u use a gun or spray can (duplicolors exact match paint)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paint gun

Back