New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc...

I like it a lot, love the mirrors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

O Man!!! Makes me want to sell my 2 gen and pick up a third gen,
Grats on one Hella good looking X

hot!! very nicely done! Def like the mirrors!!!

did u have to cut the old grill out?

Lovin the mirrors

I will watch the junk yards for those :D

Thanks guys....no the old grill was just 4 bolts and it comes off. No cutting needed

Wow....ok give me time to look it all up....I'll pm you what I find
As far as interior mods....I haven't done any.

The tint is factory, I had them match the front to the rest of it.

Debadging....I used a heat gun and pulled them off. Then I used goo gone to get rid of the remaining.

Roof racks.....you just pop off the end caps, then there is 2 bolts under them, there is also 2 bolts in the middle of the rack as well, can't remember how that came off though. Just play with it, you'll get it. Then I just reinstalled the bolts and put touch up paint on them to match the X. This way no water leaks in.

I just removed my roof racks a few minutes ago. After removing the ends, push the rack backwards to release it from the screws holding the middle portion then pull up.

What did you do to remove driver door lock?

It's a door handle from a Japanese Explorer. Their key hole is on the other side, so our driver is their passenger.

Which running boards are those? I've been looking for the black plastic ones - I can't tell in the pictures which ones you have...

thanks
David

They are the painted OEM ones that come on the limited. I originally had the chrome ones, but I traded with a guy for these. I still have to paint them the color of the body, just haven't gotten around to it

what would you ever do if the battery in the little remote died?! haha

Keyless entry bro....now if the vehicle battery ever dies, I'm screwed! I'll just have to keep an eye on the battery and replace it every few years.

Yea.. thats what I was talking about. There is a small battery in the keyless entry remote. UNLESS the new explorer doesnt have that? Hell, I dunno.

yes, there is a battery in the remote

Wow. looks amazing! Exactly how my truck is gonna come out, except in black without the scoop and 22"s

Wow i had to save these pics, nice work!

Beautiful X - you have made some fine choices... really well done.

Do you have a link to the exact grill(s) you have?

Beautiful X - you have made some fine choices... really well done.

Do you have a link to the exact grill(s) you have?

Hey man, i got the same exact one, well at least looks that way. Easy installation too!

Search www.ebay.com - Explorer grill

you'll find alot at great prices!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

+1 to what Dancap said, I got it off ebay

Back