Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
first i have to post a pic of froaders dad and his rig...i hope he can use this...and as i promised, here's a couple pics of tom...the first one getting air and the next is of him digging some holes, lmao...
pismo1065pt7.jpg

pismo1034yg4.jpg

pismo1048tg0.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, i don't have any pics of my truck but i'm sure it was voted as best stuck...let's just say my droop, stuff, exhaust and new paint all got tested, and they past with flying colors, lol
i think these will cover most of the trip...sorry, i didn't get any pics of the explorer vs. jeeps 8 rig drag races....froaders dad has those...
pismo1002fr5.jpg

pismo1005ez1.jpg

pismo1045bt2.jpg

pismo1054vp2.jpg

pismo1063xz4.jpg

pismo1014ch2.jpg

I made it back, and I had a great time. I forgot that the sand gets EVERYWHERE when you go out there.

Anyway, I had a great time. It was good to meet everyone and see Tom somewhere besides Truck Haven. :)

My photos are here http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3625

Here are a few/a lot of teasers. :p:

Ted "tbars" digging to China:
TedStuck2.jpg

Harley (all 4.5lbs of her):
Harley.jpg

Ryan "white96x":
RyanFront.jpg

RyanBowl.jpg

Arvin "clarkkent" (and yes, that's his muffler):
ArvinMuffler.jpg

Tom "tdavis" doing his usual creep at the top of the soft hill:
TomDig.jpg

Me:
MeWater.jpg

MeTop1.jpg

My dad:
DadClimb3.jpg

DadClimb.jpg

Group:
Group21.jpg

I've got a bunch of video that I'll get up either tonight or tomorrow.

Colin, what happen to the spare?:confused:

Both those pics of tdavis in tbars' first post are classics! Tom, you should crop that airborne one for an avatar! :thumbsup:

Yea, I was shocked at how easy the zuk could jump. There was two parts that was scaring me - how smooth the landings was, and my "hey, I could go faster!" and then a "oh ****!" moment happening.

That was one of the reasons I left early - plus I needed to go raze my cousins in Arroyo Grande!

Nice to meet some new faces other than the SoCal bunch!

Colin, do you still have the video of the hill climb?

I need to work on the camera tonight, and see what it's problem is.

nope........just kidding...i will be swapping out all my pics with froader if he can't send you one now...i'm giving him all the original sizes too if that matters...i told you i thought i got it, lmao...i missed froaders air at the top of the big hill though,bummer

this is the one froader....
pismo1013wr8.jpg

I had a great time up in Pismo as well. It was nice to be able to put some faces with the trucks and board names. Thanks Colin and Arvin for giving me rides in your trucks. Arvin, its always a wild ride in your mountaineer (sometimes on the edge of scary haha), and Colin, seeing your explorer in person was so much better than seeing pictures, your truck is awesome! Brian, you weren't out there for that long on saturday but what i saw of your explorer, along with the multiple times ive seen arvin's, has convinced me not to sell my mountaineer but to build it up more like yours. I regret not taking the chance to drive my truck along with everyone else, but i promise that i will next trip!

I did actually go back to the beach about a half hour after everyone left and i drove out into the dunes a little bit. luckily i didnt get stuck! once again, i promise i will take my truck out for the next pismo trip.

its 1030 right now and i just made it back to long beach a little while ago after driving further north to lake nacimiento for the day, then driving back down to my parents house in simi valley, then here. i am starting summer school tomorrow, so i will upload pics and try to upload whatever videos i got tomorrow or tuesday. thanks to everyone for a great weekend!

oh, and colin, dont worry about the windshield banner, i completely forgot also until i just read your post. haha. maybe i can just get it at pismo trip part deux.

Sounds good Matt.

So I just wanted to say that on the way up there I got 16.23mpg. On the way back I got 18.44!!! :eek:

I guess what they say is true. If you drive slower, you get better gas mileage. :p: We cruised at about 65-70mph the whole way there and back, and never went over 75. I was impressed to say the least.

Sounds good Matt.

So I just wanted to say that on the way up there I got 16.23mpg. On the way back I got 18.44!!! :eek:

I guess what they say is true. If you drive slower, you get better gas mileage. :p: We cruised at about 65-70mph the whole way there and back, and never went over 75. I was impressed to say the least.

:eek: With 35's? (I guess yours are more like 34's with the ware:p: ) What gears are you running? 4.88's? I can only dream of that mileage. 11mpg is a great day for me:(

froader, did you get my p.m.??? and did you see the new sunset pics of your dads rig???

Looks like you guys had a blast!! How do the V6 Explorers do in the sand?

i think there was only one, froaders...the others were 4x2 5.0's...did my membership fees show up yet...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It did ok, although I really want the 5.0 someday. For the bigger hills, I had it in 4hi and 2nd gear so I could get the wheel speed. I did spank a bunch of cherokees in a 2wd drag race except one.

Back