A puddle at 4:00am ..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A puddle at 4:00am .....

I was on my way to work ( 101 South ) and it had rained earlier that night... I was in the fast lane going about 60 and all a sudden a huge puddle. There was a tour bus to my right, so I hit the brakes and went thru the puddle I slide around the freeway. I didnt 360 but it went back and fourth a few times then I grazed the wall. Im sure that AWD Helped!

Ya both rims on the driver side a gone...
Heres some pics...

dd003.jpg

dd004.jpg

dd005.jpg

dd006.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats rough. better the truck is damaged than your body though.

wow, that's crazy !! glad your ok :thumbsup:
to bad about the wheels, you going to go with the same ones, or take the opportunity to change things up a bit..

Damn, that really sucks!
One of my friends wrote the city after having his car damaged by a pothole, and after taking pictures/ documentation that proves it was the pothole that did it, he got the city to pay for his repairs. You could try this, I don't know what the laws are though.

dammn. no good. glad ur ok.

Man that stinks. Hope everything works out.

The rims are crazy

Damn, that really sucks!
One of my friends wrote the city after having his car damaged by a pothole, and after taking pictures/ documentation that proves it was the pothole that did it, he got the city to pay for his repairs. You could try this, I don't know what the laws are though.

Ya Im thinking about that.. I need to go to take pics later... well I got my old rims back on....yuk lol oh well. I believe Caltrans would be responsible so I will take it up with them

...bummer, sorry to hear that but glad you survived...:D

bummer about the truck, but glad your fine.

That sucks man. Now you can get the 23s you wanted to.

Ya My boy from the wheel shop said for 1799 out the door he will get me 23s with tires. And Im gonna ask him to cut me a deal for 2 of the same wheels and tires I had for those 22s and then give those to my dad so He can put them on his
56 F100 We just got it running I will post a pics and videos tomarrow

Okay So My car is at my buddies shop and It looks like I bent the upper control arm and He said Id need a new ball joint and some other stuff. Hes gonna charge me 329 for all the work.. So Im thinking Im gonna have to make a claim, The Tow Bill, the front end repair plus it will need a lil body work, not to mention new wheels.. Well there goes a good chunk of my change for that turbo....

When you hit the puddle was the road straight or curved? Usually When I've hydroplaned a vehicle it keeps going straight ahead. Did only one side of your vehicle hit the puddle causing the loss of control?

If you would have had 'the old steelies' (wheels) on there wouldn't have been any problem hitting a damned puddle......

you said you"grazed" the wall! looks like earnhardt put you into the wall at talladega!

"any story with me and him, ends with me puttin him into the wall"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouch! I love that color though! My favorite color on an Mounty!

Back