P0193 - Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0193 - Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input

yeahmen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Sport trac XLS
I keep getting this code. I would reset with my OBD II Scanner and it would still appear. Can some one guide me in the right direction as what i may need to check and repair/replace. I have a sport trac 2004 XLS.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like your fuel pressure regulator or whatever your truck uses to regulate fuel pressure is messed up, or the sending unit is bad. Clearing the code won't work- you have a problem that needs to be fixed. I think yours uses a returnless fuel system, so the pump and regulator may be all the same thing :dunno:

The best thing to do is get a fuel pressure gauge, connect it to your rail and see what your fuel pressure is.

is this a flex fuel vehicle?? VIN code K

if so, with scanner connected, Key ON Engine RUN, is pressure above 119.9 psi??

Engine Type

The vehicle's engine type is 4.0L V6 FI SOHC. Don't know if that information will be helpful. The eighth character in the VIN is a K.

according to my book, vin X is the 4.0L FlexFuel engine.

are you running gasoline or natural gas??

assuming you are running gasoline...

check for fuel in the vacuum hose of the FRP sensor after running engine at idle for 2 minutes. if not, check fuel pressure.

if pressure good, check voltage between Sensor connector Vref (Pin#3 LB)and Signal Return (Pin#4 GY/RD) should be 4.0-5.5v with key ON.

where can locate the fuel rail pressure sensor a circuit high on my 2004 sport trac ford?

Back