Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

get a photobucket account (free), post your pics there, then use the image links that are under the pics you post and paste them to your EF posts. or become an elite member for 20 bucks. either way, post more pics of your rig because im using your setup as the template for my current project!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay so, Clusterpup is in the process of his BL, LONO is about to do his SL and TT, shooter is working on his coilovers, im about to put on the BL, interscope just finished his SL and TT and shocks.... Dannnnnnnnng. did i leave anyone out? lol

BlakTrak has a nice prerunner build going on.

Mjenk has a solid axle in progress.

I have dreams some nights.

all these upcoming and in-process projects better yield a ton of new pictures for this thread! i should new ones up by the weekend if my shackles can make it to my house by friday.

I was really amazed with how new shocks and a two inch lift changed my ride. IT really feels like im driving a truck now, not a SUV (of sorts). It was worth the hour and a half it took for the install. My old shocks had like 3 dead spots each and were terrible looking! If I ever drove off road Id hit my head on my ceiling and bounce everywhere, I took her for a spin thru a cow field about an hour after the install and it was niiiicccceeeee. haha. I havent been mudding or anything hard core yet, just some driving in the woods :p

Driving work today with my truck with the BL added to my TT and shackles I felt like I was driving a friggin building. I'm still wondering how much stability I lost. Some wider tires will be helpful. I'm going to start saving up for new ones now.

I don't really think the body lift raises the center of gravity a noticeable amount. Compared to the frame, engine and everything else that stays at the same location, I don't really think the body's weight plus a couple people really affect the center of gravity.

I remember having that same feeling right after I did my body lift. New sway bar bushings and wheel spacers later and it feels more stable than it ever did. Wider tires should help a ton.

You still have the smaller tires on with no spacers so your'e alittle top heavy right now. Once You get some either spacers or wider wheels and bigger tires on it, it'll fell tipsy at first until you get used to it.

I know when I had the Yakima MegaWarrior with spare tire on top it made it alittle tipsy if I didn't watch my speed around turns and on hills.

May want to think about beefing up the sway bars as well. on a side note: add extra washers of a larger diameter and thickness to your sway bar end links. i've had them pull through the connector front and rear.

I've had the same thing happen to the front multiple times.

heh, you're missing that sport bar, aren't you.. :)

Ya, I sold the Yakima MegaWarrior rack with offroad lights, spare tire hold down and brackets for $350 to a member in Alabama and I sold the Tal & Hadas rear Sport Bar to a member up in Ohio for $500. Didn't think I'd ever sell the sprot bar but times are tough and it was taking up space in my shed. Sucks that I'll never be able to get another since there's only six of them in the country but oh well.

Okay guys, the body lift is finally on, i started to help out on it, but i had to go to work, so my buddy and his dad and grandpa helped work on it last night, and this morning, and i came back over, after all the hard stuff was out of the way lol, and helped finish up. I'm mounting the tires, and getting an alignment and WASHING her by Monday afternoon hopefully. I got before and after pics, and i will get some before and afters with and without my tires and i will upload them all together soon. We also did about a 2"-2.5" TT on her, hence the alignment. I'm psyched!!!! :D sorry i couldnt be there to document for you guys, but thats why clusterpup did his right before me right? :thumbsup: but i really wish i could have been there to help out the whole time. The truck is so much beefier, it feels like a real truck now haha. but thanks to everyone for all their help with me!! EF Rocks! :salute:

well fellas, ive been wanting to contribute to this thread since i joined the forum and here i am! i just did a TT/shackle lift with warrior 153's, and upgraded my tires from 30" pro comp muds, to 33" duratrac 33" treads. these are before and after pics. ill take better ones when i get a chance. the install write up will be up on the forum by sunday night. hope you guys dig the pictures.

here's how my ST stood at stock height with stock wheels
P1020165.jpg

here's how she stood with my 30" pro comp mud tires but at stock height.
010-1.jpg

and now, here's how she stands with 33"s, TT and shackle lift.
P1050924.jpg

P1050923.jpg

P1050922.jpg

P1050926.jpg

P1050920.jpg

P1050927.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the club Tmac and Lono.

Looks good Lono. Your truck keeps looking better every time you post something.

Tmac, it hasn't actually happened if we haven't seen pictures. We'll wait...

Oh, and Clusterpup, time to add your updated pictures in this thread.

Your Trac's are looking good guys, well I can only speak for lono's. Lol. Tmac, I can't remember right off hand, is yours a 2wd? Loon, now you need a BL for suspension flex clearance, oh yeah, time to start chopping, lol.

Looks great Lono.

lookin' good!!! i really like the look of the black and white tracs...
:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks fellas, ive already started trimming and my rear wheels are good to go. its the fronts where im still getting rubbing. im getting rubbing when im turning downhil like backing out of a driveway. i know where most of it is coming from because i can see where my tires are scuffing the plastic on the fender wall covers. the one place where ive noticed soem rub is on the front sway bars. its not really rubbing as hard as it is on the plastic parts, but i can notice that there's contact because i can see where the tires are touching the sway bar. any advice on that? i cant trim the sway bar, and i dont think im going to take it off either, that would seem unsafe. any tips?

ill post a write up on the trimming i did once i get it where i want it. thanks guys.

Back