Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2002 - 2005 Explorer Mountaineer 3rd Generation > Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Notices

Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers Questions related to modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. For Sport Trac and Sport models use the 1995-2001 forum. Aftermarket accessories and modifications. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps, lift kits, engine swap, transmission swap.

how to remove door panels

Old 02-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
2002XLT21
Yakima
2002 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
how to remove door panels

so when i go to install my speakers, do the grills pop off or do i have to take off the whole door panel
i have a 02 xlt
2002XLT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Donner
Natomas/Irvine
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion

Vehicle Specs

Whole door panels... and it's easy as pie! You just have to be careful.... whole write up on this one... I think it's by Gregv8, but I'll correct this if not...

Old 02-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Donner
Natomas/Irvine
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion

Vehicle Specs

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...+panel+removal

Here ya go!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
2002XLT21
Yakima
2002 XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
thats a good write up, tks, hopefully ill be able to do them wed or thurs, if not then have to wait till the next monday.. ughh
2002XLT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #5
Donner
Natomas/Irvine
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion

Vehicle Specs

From GregV8, very nice! Just be really careful with that little latch that holds in the cover with the lock switch, breaks pretty easily... I found it easier to remove the part around the door handle first... then the switch holder. Have fun!

Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #6
REDBOAT
Houston Texas
2005 XLS

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donner View Post
From GregV8, very nice! Just be really careful with that little latch that holds in the cover with the lock switch, breaks pretty easily... I found it easier to remove the part around the door handle first... then the switch holder. Have fun!
When I replaced my speakers I did not remove the part around the handle first and broke one of the little lock cover clips/latches. grrrrrrrrr On the other three I removed the handle cover and was able to get the lock covers off without any damage.
REDBOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
JCUZ
Elite Explorer
Canberra, Australia

2004 Explorer Limited V8

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
When I replaced my speakers I did not remove the part around the handle first and broke one of the little lock cover clips/latches. grrrrrrrrr On the other three I removed the handle cover and was able to get the lock covers off without any damage.
That's what superglue is for.

JCUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
WP7456
O-town, FL
'00 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Does anybody know if for an 00' xlt that you can start by taking the 2 screws out behind the door handle?
WP7456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page