• Register Today It's free!

Good Evening From Wyoming

kingfisher

Reaction score
City, State
Laramie, Wy
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I just came across your site and joined right in ... I am having problems with my '94 A4LD. I'll be back later to chat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately your tranny is proned to lots of problems. Luckily there are some upgrades you can find out about to polish that turd up.

How's the rest of the truck set up? Stock? Probably not for long if you hang around here.

....welcome here...:D

...if you do a search we have a ton of info on the a4ld including rebuilding...good luck..

welcome

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Thanks for the welcome Guys ... Something to consider today about my tranny. Went to breakfast Sat Am and when I went to leave I put truck into (D) and it just slipped ... went into gear but didn't move. Tried reg D and it went into gear and drove away just fine. Yesterday I cleaned the Mass air ... put a new Air cleaner in and made sure the fluid was full. (I'm at the top of the crosshatch marks on the dipstick) Probally about 20K on the oil and filter. So anyway It still won't move in (D) but if I drive away in D then wait till 3rd gear and shift into (D) it seems to be fine until it drops into 2nd and then it just slipps again ... any Idea's ...

Yes and it is confusing ... '94 hase a column shift lever one position is OD position and the other is D position. ( P - R - N - OD - D - 2 - 1 ) When I put the truck into the OD lever position it won't move, just acts like it is slipping in 1st gearand won't move but engine rev's. If I put it into Regular Drive (3 speeds w/o OD) it goes just fine. Today I went onto the freeway to work and after getting into 3rd I shifted the lever into OD and it drove just fine, staying in gear. When I slowed to get off and then tried to accelerate again it went slipping again ... Still looking for an Idea of why it won't work in one position but fine in the other ???

Welcome! Jon and I were on our honeymoon passing through Laramie. We got a motel for the night there and it was freezing cold out. Well Jon locked the keys in the car with it running, it was about 3:00 a.m. He called a locksmith and the guy was there immediately. He said and I quote,'" Well, its cold out and I've been drinking so I'm gonna have to charge you $26.00. Then he left some of his tools in the parking lot. Funny story so I'll never forget Laramie, Wy.

Back