Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 1995 - 2001 Explorer Ranger Mountaineer - Sport thru '03 - 2nd Generation > Modified 1995-2001 Explorers

Notices

Modified 1995-2001 Explorers Questions related to modified 1995-2001 Explorer, Mountaineer, Ranger and 2002+ Sports (2dr). Aftermarket accessories and modifications. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps, torsion twist, lift kits, engine swap, transmission swap.

Taking Doors off

Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
connor803

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Taking Doors off

Summer is almost here and i want to stand out around my city. So i was wonduring if any of yall have takin your front 2 doors off and is it worth taking the doors off. I drive a 2000 xlt. So what do yall think
connor803 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
connor803

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Oh yea and how hard is it to take the doors off
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Silver X
Elite Explorer
Brownstown Twp, MI
'01 Sport 4x4

Vehicle Specs

It might look OK if you had a full canvas top that you could drop like a Jeep, and had big tires and a nice lift. Otherwise NO it wouldn't look right with the hard roof and 4 doors.

It'll look like its been in an accident and parts are falling off. For offroading, it might be useful, but nobody cares what it looks like on the trail....and sometimes parts ARE falling off.

The doors are really really hard to take off, so don't even try. LOL.

BTW, welcome to the site! What mods do you have?

'09 G8 GT: stock
'83 Mustang GLX: T-tops, EFI 5.0L/TKO600,Turbo @15psi,Cobra brakes,etc
Silver X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
connor803

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
roof rack and all terrains and subs. bout to get a ranger 3 inch body lift and then get 33's i might get shackles and do a tt twist after the body lift i just got to save up mony for the installation of the body lift thats whats going to kill me
Old 04-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
trj360
1999 XLT SOHC

Vehicle Specs

Well if it is stock height, i would especially say NO. that's like taking the doors off a minivan.
trj360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
Charlie
Wisconsin
1995 F-150

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj360 View Post
Well if it is stock height, i would especially say NO. that's like taking the doors off a minivan.
Probably right. It is cool with jeeps, but I don't think it would work out so well with explorers.

Just thought I would add how to remove doors:
YouTube Video
If you are able to see this message it means that you don't have flash installed or that the video server is down.

1996 Sport
2000 XLT
1995 F-150
1987 F-150 XLT "The General"

Last edited by Charlie; 04-07-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added how to remove doors
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
jonlax
Bensalem, PA
1999 xlt

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
rick has this done but as you all know he is lifted he also has tube doors which are required by law in just about all 50 states. I started to build a tube door but sold my 99 sport a few years back after seeing ricks ride. The only problem i had was putting the doors back on and getting them to sit right.
jonlax is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page