Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2002 - 2005 Explorer Mountaineer 3rd Generation > Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Notices

Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers Questions related to non-modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications. Sport Trac and Sport use the 1995-2001 forum.

Cd player Error

Old 04-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
2002XLT21
Yakima
2002 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Cd player Error

i wnet to load a cd in the 02 X today and when i hit eject it ejected the cd then said error, i cant play any cd now and the cd is stuck open. its a 6disc in dash. plz help...
2002XLT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
fixxxer
Aurora, Co.
93 XLT 4X4

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dk Exp

Try removing the power to the deck, not sure how the supply is wired in the disk changers, might be faster and easier to disconnect the battery cable from the battery for a few minutes. Just like resetting the on-board engine computer

97 Camry

Ford Explorer and Ranger Owner's Guides and more...
fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
2002XLT21
Yakima
2002 XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
ill give it a shot i guess
Old 04-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
best X
IRB florida
'96 SPORT

Vehicle Specs

my mom had same problem wiht hers but it had gotten wet and we just unplugged it and let it dry out and it worked fine good luck tho

Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
2002XLT21
Yakima
2002 XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
well i just took the panel off and when i took it out of the slot it started mixing the cds around the thing closed and when i put it back in i clicked cd and it worked. weird idk, tks neways
Old 04-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
rockfisherman
South Kingstown, RI
2004 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002XLT21 View Post
i wnet to load a cd in the 02 X today and when i hit eject it ejected the cd then said error, i cant play any cd now and the cd is stuck open. its a 6disc in dash. plz help...
Mine does this all too often (2004 single CD). Pull the fuse to the CD player, wait a minute, and then put it back. This will set the player back to default settings and let you eject the CD. It will also wipe out your radio station programming, so write it down first. The error I get is EJ Err.

I also burn copies of all my CDs...this error seems to happen more often with store bought CDs that may be thicker than a copied CD.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=174768

Last edited by rockfisherman; 04-15-2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Add link
rockfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
Thelt
Lenoir, NC
2002 Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When mine does that I can usually just slide another CD into the slot and hold it there while I press eject and it will spit it out.

2002 Explorer Limited, V6, 3.73 limited slip
265/75/16s
Blacked out trim
Thelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Skotty
Elite Explorer
In the Pasture,Ok
92 XLT

Vehicle Specs

The cd changer in my 03 Mounty HATES burned cd's seems to error on every one I put in.Had to get some forceps and actually pry the last one out because it got stuck and wouldn't load or eject.

I see aftermarket in my near future!
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
rockfisherman
South Kingstown, RI
2004 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty View Post
The cd changer in my 03 Mounty HATES burned cd's seems to error on every one I put in.Had to get some forceps and actually pry the last one out because it got stuck and wouldn't load or eject.

I see aftermarket in my near future!
Any tips on using the forceps?

Pulling the fuse trick didn't work this time. Neither did inserting another CD partway. Looks like I am going to be listening to "Long Road Out of Eden" for a Long time.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
Skotty
Elite Explorer
In the Pasture,Ok
92 XLT

Vehicle Specs

when I got the errror I could see the CD.WARNING! Using the forceps will probably ruin your CD.I just grabbed it and gently tugged it out.I had to reset the radio as it thought there was still a cd in there.
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
Monty02
FL
'02 Monty

Vehicle Specs

CD error

My wife's 02 Monty w/ 6 disc, constantly pops up with CD ERROR. I've had to pull the whole thing out a few times now. It's a pain, I pop open the halves and mess with some of the micro switches and it works for a couple weeks. There's a warning though that says not tip it upside down or it's garbage...read the labels!!
Monty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #12
rockfisherman
South Kingstown, RI
2004 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty View Post
when I got the errror I could see the CD.WARNING! Using the forceps will probably ruin your CD.I just grabbed it and gently tugged it out.I had to reset the radio as it thought there was still a cd in there.
Thanks. I kept trying the Eject button every once in a while (the definition of insanity...trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result ) and one time the CD just popped out! So I didn't have to try the forceps trick....this time.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #13
rrgone
Tucson, AZ
'02 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I had to pull a couple of home made cds out once. They had paper labels on them which I've found out is a no no. I got them with a pair of needle nose pliers that have long very skinny blades. They were right near the lip of the opening when it flipped open so were easy to grab. They still worked fine after i got them out. I've never had any trouble with home made CDs that don't have those paper labels.
rrgone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #14
MrTeeThyme
Wake Forest, NC
2010 ST Ltd

Vehicle Specs

I just had this happen this weekend. I ejected # 6 to put a new one in, then when I tried to load, it gave me the CD Error message. Now it won't eject, load, or play any CD. I pulled the fuse and it cut the power, but it didn't fix the problem. I can't see any CD jammed at the door. Does anyone have any other idea what might fix this?

Thanks.
MrTeeThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
cristal201
'02 EB

Vehicle Specs

Hey All

Hi All,

I need help. My '02 EB keeps saying CD Error. It won't play or eject. Whenever I turn on the car you can hear the CD player like it's trying to move but then I get the CD error. I took it out and was able to remove the CDs. But it still shows that the player is full and it's still making the same noise as it did before. Could it be that a tray is off track? How to I get it back on track if that is the case? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Last edited by cristal201; 04-30-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added more information
cristal201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #16
High_Order1
near Oak Ridge, TN
2005 Jack Bauer Edition

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
my 05 has a lot of problems with both ripped and commercial CD's. anything above 5-6 tracks and it's a crapshoot whether or not it will play the entire track, or part of it before skipping badly.

I like it - it reinforces the fact I need an AVIC....

-Shawn
High_Order1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page