• Register Today It's free!

Land meter tip angle?

rich uk

Reaction score
City, State
surrey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 sohc 150k Purple LPG
I just did a green lane an off road run ,down a very steep hill near me and to add to the hill it was cambered and very rutted ,to avoid a overhanging tree I had to really tip the car I have a land meter which tells what angles the trucks at but was wondering if any one knew the angle needed to roll is I had over 30 degrees showing seemed pretty close anyone know?
still scared dont wanna be rollover posse
rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i am guessing this is about 30* so i would say 35* would be a rollover...the only problem i see with this thinking is when offroading you rollover on a small 3" rock with one tire, or drop another tire in a rut and your smooth angle of 30* can change real quick...:eek:
attachmentgf7.jpg

I'd say its more than 35 for a stock-ish vehicle -- I'm making my judgement based on the center of mass being at about the top bolt of the transmission. So basically it would be the angle at which that top bolt is right on top of maybe the center of the wheel. Again this is assuming the center of mass is near the top bolt of the transmission.

But I do love those scary moments of please let me just get over this w/o rolling and I promise I'll never push this hard again :)
roller.jpg

^^^one of my favorite pics...:D

...just my .02 cents but tip meters to me are totally useless...learning how your vehicle handles and learning to read the terrain you are on is very important...if you are able to read the tip meter while off roading, you are not close to rolling over...just my opinion..;)

I recon its handy to know what angle your at, its all but imposible to choose if your on a narrow track or like you guys on rocks and theres seeming only one route but if you stopped and you can see say 25 on the meter you know its maybee a push too far ,but what can you do ,then skill comes in,which makes me think about doing an off road training course , but easyer trail be better for me im a bit of a novice !
cheers guys rich

...:thumbsup:.. on the pic...a drivers view at 27*...:D

But I do love those scary moments of please let me just get over this w/o rolling and I promise I'll never push this hard again :)

Any you have broke that promise how many times?:p::p::p:

Tim

Back