Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
DB1 and I went out to Truckhaven for one last run before the season ends. There were maybe 4 groups out there which made it nice. Not very many bikes and quads was nice. The plan was to head to CJ hill and see if I could make it now that I m locked in the rear and have front shocks. On our way there we stopped at the waterfall. Usually everyone hits the ledge on the left to get to the top. We decided to try the steeper line on the right. After heating our tires up on a couple of attempts we both made it up. I tried the steep side on the left but it was tippy so I gave up wanting to save the truck. We made our way around and came to CJ hill. After I heated the tires up some more I finally made the climb. :D However Dave missed the video so I had to try it again. Another few assults and up I went. Dave got a great video of me going up. It resembles my 2002 attack of Double wammy in Moab :D . After I made it up the second time, Dave gave it a shot and made his way up.

When you come out the backside of cj hill there was a little waterfall we had never tried before. I thought it looked doable so I gave it a try. I was almost through and broke the straps off the dana 44 yoke that held the driveshaft in. That pretty much ended the day for us. After we got me unstuck we followed the wash down to 86 and had lunch in the shade under the overpass. Then we each headed home. Kind of a short day but with just two of us we covered alot of ground in 2 hours.

Now the pics.

Attachments

• truckhaven51008 003.jpg
    truckhaven51008 003.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 259
  • truckhaven51008 007.jpg
    truckhaven51008 007.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 258
  • truckhaven51008 010.jpg
    truckhaven51008 010.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 263
  • truckhaven51008 012.jpg
    truckhaven51008 012.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 268

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More photos

Attachments

• truckhaven51008 028.jpg
    truckhaven51008 028.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 256
  • truckhaven51008 027.jpg
    truckhaven51008 027.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 238
  • truckhaven51008 021.jpg
    truckhaven51008 021.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 247
  • truckhaven51008 014.jpg
    truckhaven51008 014.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 244

More. I also took a nice chunk out of a tire right down to the cords. Looks like it is time for some new tires.

Attachments

• truckhaven51008 032.jpg
    truckhaven51008 032.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 253
  • truckhaven51008 029.jpg
    truckhaven51008 029.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 259

I guess i am gonna be captain obvious:

I noticed from the pics that DB1's truck is a solid color now?

He painted a few weeks back. There is a thread about it on here somewhere. Then a few weeks ago when we went to corral canyon he put some scratches in it and dented a slider.

...Looks like fun and congrats for CJ hill..:thumbsup:

...It looks like the weather was good too...:D

sweeeet, you guys got some good wheelin in during a 2 hour run.

Pics are great and congrats on CJ hill. Looks like everybody is doing it now, I gotta give it a try next time.

More. I also took a nice chunk out of a tire right down to the cords. Looks like it is time for some new tires.
TSL SXs!!! Seriously!

Finally got CJ Hill. :thumbsup:

That little waterfall that you broke on, is what I want to try next season. RJ's buddy made it through there.

Had a blast out there while it lasted, it was getting pretty toasty out there anyways. I took some video of Matt on CJ hill and the waterfall down below the phone booth area which we both made after several attempts:D I'll mess with the video and post it up tomorrow. Oh and it looks like local construction have been using the underpass as their dumping ground by leaving big piles of scrap sheetrock there:rolleyes:

Looks like a good time:thumbsup: Sorry could not make it out:( We started the kid birthday party circut today:rolleyes:

At least they can't blame the sheetrock on us off roaders:p:

Matt what are you thinking for tires? Used, New? are you going to stay with the 16's? :thumbdwn: Are how big? 36,37,38?

Then we can start looking out for you;)

All of the above. I guess it will depend on what kind of deal I find as far as tires. As soon as I go to bigger tires I need to make changes to my suspension so maybe I should just link it while I am at it.

As stuff comes up I will deal with it. I already talked ith Tracy's dad. He is taking care of getting the parts I need to fix the front yoke and getting it fixed. Next weekend I am helping him with a fundraiser they do every year. I am supose to be operating a winch point with my truck so I have to get it fixed by next weekend. I am hoping the tire will be fine as long as I tow it to the trail and baby it on the trail.

Here's Matt on CJ Hill, his cooler decided to bail out as he makes it to the top. I'm working on the rest of the video I have and will post it up in a bit here;)

EDIT: All the videos are posted here now.

Here's Matt on CJ Hill, his cooler decided to bail out as he makes it to the top.
Don't I remember a pic of that happening to him in his old truck at Moab? :p:

Don't I remember a pic of that happening to him in his old truck at Moab? :p:

Heh heh yeah, Matt said that happened to him on double whammy.

Matt....You lost your cooler!!!!:p:

Matt....You lost your cooler!!!!:p:

And surprising it appears it didn't open and lose it contents either
Guess it must have a locking lid on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back