• Register Today It's free!

Clear ABS Light / Code

mac999993

Reaction score
City, State
Newtown Square, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
I have a 2002 EX and my 16 year old new-driver son recently backed it over top of my neighbor's hedge... After driving it back off, the ABS light now illuminates.

I climbed under and noticed that the two wires were pulled out of the rear ABS sensor harness on the differential. I plugged them back in, but the light stayed ON... I pulled tha battery off for a couple minutes, but it still lights up.

Questions:
1) Will the fault code autmatically clear if the problem IS fixed, or do I need to take it somewhere to clear it from the ABS computer?

2) I checked the sensor by measuring resistance - somewhere on this forum I read that to check the sensor, it should read 1200 to 1500 ohms. It that correct?

3) Since the 2 wires to the rear ABS sensor were pulled out from the sensor harness connector, I'm thinling that perhaps one or both of the wires may be broken internally, even though there are no outward signs of this since they are contained within the harness wrap. Is there a way to check for a break by measuring an output volage across the two wires? If so, what should it read? ...wish I had a wiring diagram....

Any help here would be graetly appreciated..

welcome aboard

If it makes you feel any better, when I was 16 i drove over my neighbors mailbox. That was over a decade ago and when I mow my yard, I allways think of that when I trim around his mailbox. (It still shakes in the dirt...Good times, good times.)

Back