• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar Differentials CHEAP!

ericautopart

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey Shore
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 5.0L AWD
This can be deleted, made a sticky, etc...

I've got about 21 Aerostar complete rear differential assembelys. These are brand new in various ratios. All 8.8 28 Spline for 300/ea. Contact me for additional information if needed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check this chart before ordering a differential:
-----------7.5---------------------8.8-------------------
Ford75.jpg
Ford88.jpg

Is there a best brand of limited slip rear end for an Explorer. Thanks, Steve

The BEST brand can draw 20,000 different opinions. The T/L we spoke about (for the price) is awesome. Some people like to upgrade to the carbon cluthces to reduce wear over time. Are you into wheeling or is this thing going to be a driver?

This is going to be a driver but being a 2wd I wanted to get a little more traction when in a wet or slippery spot. I will be going in camp grounds and be pulling a trailer. This Explorer has a Mercedes diesel engine and I am burning waste cooking oil. If I am out west I don,t want a bear to think I am food and not be able to get away. HA-HA Thanks, Steve

that sounds stupid, i am all for saving the environment but that conversion sounds like a PITA. just for the record what kind of power do you get out of it in hp and ft-lbs?

that sounds stupid, i am all for saving the environment but that conversion sounds like a PITA. just for the record what kind of power do you get out of it in hp and ft-lbs?
I am getting about 30 mph at .30 cents a gallon so I don't know what is so stupid about that. Sitting at a gas station pumping $80.00 worth of gas in that will be gone in 250 miles sounds a little not wise but some are stuck with it. I may be helping to save the environment but I am also saveing my wallet. About $6.00 to fill my tank and will take me 600 miles and with my aux. tank 1200 miles. The hp and torque arn't the highest but I don't care. Steve

I am getting about 30 mph at .30 cents a gallon so I don't know what is so stupid about that. Sitting at a gas station pumping $80.00 worth of gas in that will be gone in 250 miles sounds a little not wise but some are stuck with it. I may be helping to save the environment but I am also saveing my wallet. About $6.00 to fill my tank and will take me 600 miles and with my aux. tank 1200 miles. The hp and torque arn't the highest but I don't care. Steve

Sounds like a good idea to me! So..that's 1200 miles for 12 bucks? The only problem I can see is where to get the cooking oil..other than that..:thumbsup:

This is going to be a driver but being a 2wd I wanted to get a little more traction when in a wet or slippery spot. I will be going in camp grounds and be pulling a trailer. This Explorer has a Mercedes diesel engine and I am burning waste cooking oil. If I am out west I don,t want a bear to think I am food and not be able to get away. HA-HA Thanks, Steve

This topic needs it's own thread but I just wanted to say good for you. Why drive an econobox when you can get the same results in a SUV?

This can be deleted, made a sticky, etc...

I've got about 21 Aerostar complete rear differential assembelys. These are brand new in various ratios. All 8.8 28 Spline for 300/ea. Contact me for additional information if needed.
I am very interested. Limited slip?

Back