Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2002 - 2005 Explorer Mountaineer 3rd Generation > Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Notices

Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers Questions related to modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. For Sport Trac and Sport models use the 1995-2001 forum. Aftermarket accessories and modifications. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps, lift kits, engine swap, transmission swap.

2002 XLT headlights inop

Old 02-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
usmcvet2013
NY
2002 ford explorer

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
2002 XLT headlights inop

hey everyone, new to the site so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area. Anyways, i got a 2002 explorer and about a month ago my head lights stopped working but my high beams worked, last night on my way home my head lights and high beams wouldn't work at all,but my parking light come on, i figured maybe the cold could have something to do with it considering it was -2 degrees but i went and checked this morning and still no lights what so ever. i want to say its the switch but I'm not much of a ford guy so i really don't know much about fords. anyone have any idea of what else it could be? need hep asap as this is my only vehicle to get to work and school, thanks.
usmcvet2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

Join the Elite Explorers for only $20 a year. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Number4
Elite Explorer
Woodstock, GA
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum.

You've posted in the modified section. This question should be in the Stock section. You'll get a lot more views.

What I would do is test for power at the lights. You'd expect it not to be there, but using the probe and a ground the headlights aren't using, you may have power. Then you know you have a ground issue in the wiring.

Otherwise, cruise on down to a wrecking yard and buy another switch for $8 or so. This may be the quickest and easiest.

94 Explorer 4.0l
Number4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: