Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Under the Hood

Notices

Under the Hood Ford Explorer and Ranger, Engine, troubleshooting, modifications, performance and accessories.

P0463 2005 Ford Explorer

Old 07-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Explorer4ever

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
US P0463 2005 Ford Explorer

The service engine soon light came on after abont 33,000 miles. i plugged in
scanner and it read code P0463. What does that mean and what do i need to do.
Explorer4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn what modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to see less ads, no green underlined links, and many other benefits such as being able to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
aleej
north & south brunswick, NJ
97sport/95ram/87trooper

Vehicle Specs

P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input im not exactly sure what that means... to me it kinda sounds like theres a fault in ur tank float or something of the like.. not too much time researching it, but the little i did had no info really.. maybe you can search it up some more.. but also u have an 05 there should still be some sort of factory warranty left on it.. call your local dealer.. check the warranty info and also ask them to check your vin nuber and see if there are any recalls on it for this or anything else for that matter ( never a bad idea to get that stuff take care of) both of those should be free for you... if the one you call says no call a few others just incase... but im pretty sure the warranty is either 3 or 4 yrs and depending on the manuf. date.. also i dont know if u usually get it serviced at a dealer or not, but if there is one u preferr and they tell you the warranty is up you can try to talk to the service anager and see if he will honor it anyway because you have such low mileage.. ive worked at a few dealerships and we have done that multiple times in the past for good customers or ppl who are just nice (cuz they get paid for the work from the warranty company anyway) let me know hoe it goes

DjOr
MYsPAcE

TRucKs & tRipS
aleej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
ShawnTRD
Spener, NY
2005 Explorer Limited

Vehicle Specs

not sure if you fixed this yet, but this is what happend to us yesterday when we bought our 05

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=226563
ShawnTRD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page