Wire colors for CSM module for Remote Starter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wire colors for CSM module for Remote Starter

06Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Middletown CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4
Hello,

I'm looking to install a Code Alarm CA680 into my 06 Eddie Bauer with the keypad. This alarm was previously installed in my 05 F150 XLT.

I want to tie this unit into the keypad. On the last install I needed the wire colors/locations for the lock/unlock/2nd unlock from the CSM module. So i'm looking for the same info for this truck.

Does anyone have the wire colors/locations for the CSM module? I know the module itself is in the passenger rear kick panel, but heard that wires run along the drivers side front door sill. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you accomplish by tying it into the keypad? Arm, disarm, start, stop? Just curious.

It would do exactly that- it would allow you to arm and disarm from they keypad. If you dont do that, if you arm the alarm from the remote, and then unlock with the keypad, the alarm will go off. and vice versa.

Ths standard lock and unlock you can get in the kick panel. But what it really sounds like is you want is a factory alarm arm and disarm. And ford explorers no longer have these wires in them. Their "factory" alarms are just glorified keyless entries with no alarm. the alarm part is actually the PATS system in the key.

Unless you can take your door panel apart and find these wires at the key switch in the door i think your S.O.L.

Constant 12 volts VIOLET/RED (16 ga) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *
Ignition 12 volts WHITE/ORANGE (16 ga) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter BLUE/WHITE (16 ga) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light YELLOW/GRAY (+) ** LOWER DRIVER KICK PANEL HARNESS ***
Trunk Pin SAME AS DOME LIGHT
Parking Lamp BLUE/WHITE (+) lOWER DRIVER DASH PANEL HARNESS **
Lock GREY/YELLOW LOWER DRIVER KICK PANEL ** #201
Unlock VIOLET/GREY LOWER DRIVER KICK PANEL **

#201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Circuit Diagram *BLUE/RED Wire Fused At 50 amps located at (SBJ) In 32 Pin Connector. **Wire is also located at (SJB) Smart Junction Box Is Located High In The Drivers Kick Behind Fuse Box. *** Door Pin At Smart Junction Box see Tech Notes

Back