Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Explorer Audio & Navigation

Notices

Explorer Audio & Navigation Audio and navigation systems. CD, DVD, MP3, GPS, Video, Mobile Computer, Speakers, Amplifiers.

Need help with navigation system update

Old 11-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
bdmelton4
Corydon, IN
04 Mountaineer 98Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Need help with navigation system update

My daughter has a 2006 Mountaineer with the factory navigation system in it. She has requested an update cd/dvd for her Christmas this year. Anybody got any ideas where to get a good deal on this? Any suggestions what to do or not to do? Any help or advise would be appreciated (I am old and don't understand all this stuff).
Thanks
bdmelton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

Join the Elite Explorers for only $20 a year. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
Beastb15
Kansas City, Missouri

'04 EB

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmelton4 View Post
My daughter has a 2006 Mountaineer with the factory navigation system in it. She has requested an update cd/dvd for her Christmas this year. Anybody got any ideas where to get a good deal on this? Any suggestions what to do or not to do? Any help or advise would be appreciated (I am old and don't understand all this stuff).
Thanks
If I were you I'd first call the local Ford dealership and see what they offer as far as updates go. I'm not familiar with the factory navigation (hell i don't even know if its hard-drive or cd based).

Figure out who the manufacturer of the navigation unit is and see if THEY provide updates.

After you've tried that I'd look aftermarket

Old 02-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
bdmelton4
Corydon, IN
04 Mountaineer 98Explorer

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Just an update on this. I called the most reliable Ford dealer in the area and he shot me down quick. Said they didn't even have access to these which I find hard to believe and said to call the radio manufacturer. I ended up getting one from a guy on ebay that seems to sell them on a regular basis. It's probably against policy for me to put his name on here but he went way above the call of duty to help me, can't say enough good about him. If you need one contact me and I will give you his ebay name.
One more thing. Since the old software was more than 2 years old my daughter said it made a huge difference in the information available on the newest cd.
bdmelton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
tdooman
petersburg va
2007 murcury mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

I would like to find a update for navigation I have a 2007 mountaineer if anyone has any info on it thanks Tdooman
tdooman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page