• Register Today It's free!

Computer module location

oneshot

Reaction score
City, State
Rock Springs, Wy
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT
Does anyone know where computer module is on a 2008 Explorer? I need to find the keypad code.

2008 Explorer computer location

I was told by the service dept. of my dealer that the module is under/inside the dash on the passenger side. (he claims you have to tear the dash apart.) We bought one this weekend, NEW, from a dealer hundreds of miles away and are having no luck getting them to give up the code, except to drive it back and then get the service dept. to get it out (not free). Once my wife gets home I am going to see if there is any way to see it under the passenger side & if so to find the keypad code on it. (Our wallet card which contains the keypad code is missing from our brand new Explorer & the dealer couldn't care less!)

ah.....

I am by no means an expert on this, but there are a few different computer modules in these things. If you'll do a search, seems like the part you are looking for is (was, 98-05) somewhere like the B or C post. You had to pull something back to see it. The PCM is on the passenger side front. There isn't a code that helps with the keyless entry on it. You should seriously search more before you dropped a lot of money on solving your problems....

-Shawn

Back