will the mounty tail lamps with the crome bezel fit the explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

will the mounty tail lamps with the crome bezel fit the explorer

C

chris's2005

I was wondering if the mounty tail lamps that have the chrome bezel/guard, so i want to replace my lamps with the mountys, do you think there a direct fit

of course the chrome will be painted black:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think its a direct fit unless you get the mounty rear bumper too...

I saw another post here were someone tied to do the switch and I believe the mounty tail light is a little longer. Ill see if I can find that post...

I havnt been able to find that other tread! amazing it was only in the last couple weeks ago someone posted it...

I heard that they will fit but need some sheet metal cut and bent behind the light. The chrome bezel will fit and they are sold on Ebay and other places. I bought a pair and have them mounted on my 05.

I heard that they will fit but need some sheet metal cut and bent behind the light. The chrome bezel will fit and they are sold on Ebay and other places. I bought a pair and have them mounted on my 05.

I think you're thinking about putting 06-07 explorer tail lights in a older model explorer such as an 04.

That requires you to bend some metal behind the lens thats not seen once installed.

However for the mounty lights, they are a little longer than explorer lights and dont fit well. The mounty bumper would be needed for a perfect fit.

the mountaineer tails are about a inch bigger fron top to bottom. I broke my tail and had a explorer taillight in for a few days. the explorer tail left about an inch gap between the bumper and the bottom of the light. to fit it I would say you need the rear bumper unless the ex bumper can be trimmed or something. I would just get black tail grills for your ex and smoke the tails

Back