• Register Today It's free!

NO dash lights, NO tail lights...

YourNameHere

Reaction score
City, State
Haverhill, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer
So, I go to drive home tonight from work and flipped my lights on. My headlights came on, but no dash lights. The HVAC lights didn't come on either. I pulled the switch on/off a bunch of times, but no luck. So I figured no biggie and drove it home. After getting home, I realized my tails weren't working either! Yikes!
So I pulled the lights on/off a few times and blamo, we got lights.

This happened a couple times prior to this, but they always turned on after I turned the lights on/off a few times.

I'm assuming it's the headlight switch. Think I can just clean it with some electronic parts cleaner?

Any advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked the wires going to and from the switch. Im not sure how they are connected but make sure they are tight not frayed or shorted

I'll just grab one from the local boneyard. I'm selling the truck in the spring.

I m having the same problem that YourNameHere said... i changed the ligth switch for a new one and no fix, it remains the same...

I made a search in this forum and i read that other guys have same problem, but i didn't find a solution...
any ideas?

PD: hope you can understand me question... excuse me for my english!!!

Back