What is the best fuel line disconnect tool? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is the best fuel line disconnect tool?

Which one of these disconnect tools do you like the best? Multiple choice is allowed.

• Total voters

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
416gnKt0mHL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
21QCTJM6SPL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
411rBFPvTFL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
41WNGMQZ3RL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
2191-PNCocL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
41M7PC7YB7L._SL160_AA160_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I vote for the 4th one in the picture. The anodized metal ones with the rubber band around them. I think they are the most expensive ones but worth it IMO. By expensive I mean $12 instead of $8 haha. When I replaced my fuel pump I struggled with the scissor type ones that I bought at AZ. They bent and eventually broke. So I went out and bought the kind mentioned above, I had the fuel line off in no time.

I've used #2, #4 and #5...

#2 seems to work the most.. #5 the least.. I've only used #4 twice.. when #2 wasn't working for me.. I borrowed #4 when #1 didn't work.. but next time I tried #4 it didn't work and #1 did.. go figure.

~Mark

How do you ever know which one is for what application?

I used all 3 sets for fuel lines.. I've used set #2 for a/c lines too..

actually, now that I think about it.. I used #3 once for a/c when I was at a friends shop.. I don't remember them working any better than #2..

If your asking which size do you use.. you put on which ever one fits in the fitting the best.. (not too small, not too big.. or it won't push the right spot enough)

~Mark

I've used #4 on AC and tranny lines and had no trouble.

id have to go with number 5 takes the guess work out of finding the right size works good on ac lines too

#2 works well, but they wear out over hundreds of uses LOL

Also a sharpie marker cap, cut the tip off, slit it down the middle and it works AMAZINGLY well on fuel lines

I have a set of #3s... somewhere, lol. I didn't vote tho, because I bought them for A/C service and ended up not using them

I have a set of #4. Not too expensive, nicely made. I have also used #3 (it is what I carry in the truck), and it works fine also.

I vote for #2, no problems with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a #4 that I found in a glovebox at a wrecking yard. Works fine for me.

Back