New user, just for giving you a translation on my father's request | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New user, just for giving you a translation on my father's request

Sylvain

Reaction score
City, State
Crozon, Brittany, France
Year, Model & Trim Level
Not mine, my father's
Hi there,

I registered here, though I am not a Ford Explorer addict myself, but my father is.

We live in France, and it's not quite easy to find spares or even the right information for the right part...:(

That's why my dad registered here. But since he is not much of a technical translator, he asked me to come here and translate his current issue with a relay. So here is his original request, translation is in blue ;)

"Bonjour à tous
je découvre ce forum où je viens partager mon attachement au modéle 1995 Ford Explorer USA
malgré les quelques avatars subits ces derniers temps.
Hello all,
I have just discovered this forum where I will be happy to share my attachment to the '95 US Ford Explorer

Pour l'instant, j'ai un problème de positionnement des relais dans la boîte à fusibles du compartiment moteur:
Compartiment moteur
Boîte à fusibles
(Positionné à droite côté passager derrière la batterie)
For now, I have an issue with the positioning of the electric shifts in the fuse engine compartment fuse box (they are positioned behind the battery on the passenger's side)

? HEATER BLOWER RELAY 28
A/C WOT RELAY 27 ?
? ABS ELECT RELAY 26
FUEL PUMP RELAY 25 ?
? ABS HYDR CONTROL RELAY 24
E.E.C. POWER RELAY 23 ?
Fusibles de 1 à 22
Fuses 1 to 22

Relay Ford FDAB
14B1926AA
2K24 1655 1 ITEM
2K24 1657 1 ITEM
2K24 1658 3 ITEM
2K24 1701 1 ITEM
Merci d’avance à celui qui saura remettre la bonne référence relais
en regard de son emplacement dans le haut de la boîte
Alain
I would be quite grateful to the one who might help me match referrences and positions in the box. Thanks in advance
Alain
"

There you are, I hope somebody'll be able to help him with his issue, for it's really a pity to have the Explorer sitting in front of the house for the time being...:rolleyes:

Cheers to all of you, and enjoy your rides:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think this is what youre looking for.

the first one is the fuse panel under the hood behind the battery

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/srgpopnfresh/powerdistributionbox-1.jpg

and the next ones are the interior fuse panel. the second of these two corresponds with the first of these two pictures.....get it?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/srgpopnfresh/interiorfusepanel.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/srgpopnfresh/interiorfusepanel2.jpg

sorry for the poor quality but if you zoom in on them they look ok. i think theyll help

Hi there CmdrPopNFresh. Thanks for your answer, I'll forward the URL to this thread to my father. I hope he'll get the answer right.

The trouble he has (that's what I got from his explaination so far) is that the ignition doesn't work anymore. I hope it's only the fuse... Do you know which switch might be in cause? I'd say fuse #1 or 19 or maybe the PCM power relay?

I'll get back to the forum when he gets me more details ;)

Hi there CmdrPopNFresh. Thanks for your answer, I'll forward the URL to this thread to my father. I hope he'll get the answer right.

The trouble he has (that's what I got from his explaination so far) is that the ignition doesn't work anymore. I hope it's only the fuse... Do you know which switch might be in cause? I'd say fuse #1 or 19 or maybe the PCM power relay?

I'll get back to the forum when he gets me more details ;)

As an assist, get as much info you can from your father about the problem/symptoms. ie: Saying ignition doesn't work could be intrepreted in different ways... #1 Nothing happens-no power when switch is turned to "on"position, or #2 car wont start . Ignition system goes all the way to "igniting" the fuel/air mixture - not trying to bust you, just letting you know the more detailed data you provide here the more troubleshooting help you'll get and most likely find the problem faster that way.

welcome

As an assist, get as much info you can from your father about the problem/symptoms. ie: Saying ignition doesn't work could be intrepreted in different ways... #1 Nothing happens-no power when switch is turned to "on"position, or #2 car wont start . Ignition system goes all the way to "igniting" the fuel/air mixture - not trying to bust you, just letting you know the more detailed data you provide here the more troubleshooting help you'll get and most likely find the problem faster that way.

yeah what he said.....the more info you can give the better we all can help you out. i would start with checking fuse 1 in the power distribution box....then the switch itself......assuming that you mean nothing happens when you turn the key on....no lights no noise no nothing. if its just not cranking then theres a whole other mess of possibilites. lets us know what you find. good luck!

Will do ;)

Thank you all for your warm welcome:thumbsup:

Back