Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 1995 - 2001 Explorer Ranger Mountaineer - Sport thru '03 - 2nd Generation > Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers

Notices

Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers Questions related to non-modified 1995-2001 Explorer, Mountaineer, Ranger and '02+ Sports and Sport Trac. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications.

Location of Body Control Module

Old 04-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
abettor
Westmont, IL
'95 Eddie Bauer V6

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Question Location of Body Control Module

Hi All,

I am dealing with a '95 v6 that has only existed up north for the last three years and i have begun experiencing electrical shorting issues with overhaed lights, wipers, and windows which i believe may be related to the Body Control Module's ground. QUestion is where is this unit located? Any help would be great! Thanks! -Brad
abettor is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
loder
Parkersburg, WV
'01 Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD

Vehicle Specs

You'll have to take the radio out. It's behind there.
loder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
abettor
Westmont, IL
'95 Eddie Bauer V6

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
quick question. i have been tinkering today and noticed that with the ignition turned back on Acc only, all issues are resolved. It's only when the motor is running and the entire system is charged. Does the short from the GEM still sound logical?... and thanks for the response!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
hworksinc
Elite Explorer
East Lansing, MI

2000 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hmmm... What are the exact symptoms with the lights/windows/etc? Do things not work with key ON engine OFF?

If they work in ACC but not ON/RUN, then it might be the ignition switch...

If they work in ACC and in "key ON engine OFF", but not in "key ON engine ON", then I don't know... maybe a relay or open ground somewhere (GEM is def. possible).
hworksinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
abettor
Westmont, IL
'95 Eddie Bauer V6

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
thnx for the insight! It is definitely ACC but not ON/RUN. When ON/RUN, i get the wiper/windows briefly for a second or two, then they're dead. the wiper motor and relays are clicking, but nothing else.

Last edited by abettor; 04-11-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Suggest this thread to friends:

Tags
control module, electrical connections

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page