child seat anchors

Clusterpup

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac 4x4
Maybe someone knows the answer to this or can look in their owners manual for me (I dont have one). I am looking for the anchor points for childrens car seats. I found the ones up near the back window but I can't find where I am supposed to attach the two lower anchors. Can anyone help me out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe someone knows the answer to this or can look in their owners manual for me (I dont have one). I am looking for the anchor points for childrens car seats. I found the ones up near the back window but I can't find where I am supposed to attach the two lower anchors. Can anyone help me out?

Personally I don't know. I'm past the car seat phase ....yea!!!!

Go here for an online Owners Manual for all of your current and future needs.

Dead Link Removed

Oh man, thanks for that link.

hmmm didnt know we had one. I will have to check myself. I just use the back anchor then use the lap seatbelt.

hmmm didnt know we had one. I will have to check myself. I just use the back anchor then use the lap seatbelt.

I checked the manual that I downloaded and you are doing it right, there are no anchor points below, you have to use the lap belt and the anchor point up by the rear window.

Its hard sometimes with the lap belt, just cause it locks the second you stop the pulling on it urgh.. For that reason I bought a car seat just for my truck that way I dont have to take it in and out between my fiances and mine

Its hard sometimes with the lap belt, just cause it locks the second you stop the pulling on it urgh.. For that reason I bought a car seat just for my truck that way I dont have to take it in and out between my fiances and mine

Heh, I have 2 car seats in the back of my sport trac!!

I knew there was an advantage to getting old!!!

Everything has its pros and cons mister.

Don't burst my bubble!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

I'm installing one tonight. Do you mean the 4 anchor points on the back floor? Use the farthest back on the side the car seat is?

My truck only has 3 anchor points and they are just below the back window. I do not have any anchor points on the floor in my 03. I wish it did.

I use the lap belts. Pull them out all the way and they go into locked mode. And I use the the anchor point under the window. The little guy (7 yrs) goes no where even on the steep inclines and declines when off roading. He is big enough to go without the car seat but it makes me feel safer until he packs on a little more weigh and inches.

those are not for the seats jim, those are for hauling stuff around
the ones discussed here were installed on 2002 and later built cars & trucks

Back