• Register Today It's free!

General Grabber AT2

sailfishford

Reaction score
City, State
Palm beach, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT 4.0 V6 4x4
One of my buddies got these for his explorer. Look exactly like the bf goodrich all terrains but for a fraction of the price. Hella lot cheaper and looks just as good!!! Guys heard anything about them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have them on my wife's 03 xlt. great tire, you nailed it, cheap version of the BFG ko's. highly recommend for the price.

I was hesitating between thoses and the KO..... end up buying KO because I got them for 5$ more each then the Grabber.!!! They realy look nice!!

They are an awsome tire. I run them on my truck. Really good in the snow.

General Grabber AT2 is a really good tire, I believe the differences I saw when I looked at them were the BFG has a little more sidewall protection. I have seen them for sale as low as $95 for a 31. I have been watching them for a couple of months now and they haven't gone back on a good sale like that.

Got these tires. They totally change the apppearance of my truck. Looks great, rides awsome, tow excellent.

Love my Grabber AT's

The Generals and the BF's are essentially the same tire. The BF tread pattern has been around for over 20 years and is no longer protected by patents. I have had both and personally like the generals much more. They are studdable and have a better looking side-wall(more agressive). I have a set of 265 65 17's on my 2004 Mountaineer v8 and they look great. I am only off about 1 mph on the speedo. Better yet, they come with a 50,000 mile warranty and the BF's don't. Definitely gives my Mountaineer a nice look. They clear the control arms by about 1/4". Plenty of room.

Pat

Correction

Oops! I mis-typed. The tires are 265 70 17, not 65 17.
Great tires. Nice snow rating as well. There is no need to worry about the load rating unless you are driving a full-size pick-up.

Pat

i have them on my explorer and have sold them personally. people complain about noise, and they cup really bad as with any other aggressive tire not rotated enough. i wouldnt buy them again because they cupped so bad, but other than that they are ok.

i have them on my explorer and have sold them personally. people complain about noise, and they cup really bad as with any other aggressive tire not rotated enough. i wouldnt buy them again because they cupped so bad, but other than that they are ok.

My brother has them on his F-150 and has had no problem with cupping. He's on his second set. They're great tires and I don't know why anyone still buys the overpriced BFG All-Terrains.

IMG_20110123_111659.jpg

I got them for my explorer the other day and so far so good

Back