Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Ford Explorer Sport Trac Forums > 2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac

Notices

2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac All questions about the stock 2006- 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

Biggest Tire for Sport Trac

Old 07-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
cisuarez
Miami, FL
2007 Sport Trac Limited

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
US Biggest Tire for Sport Trac

Hello ST owners,

I am new to this site so I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but I cant seem to find it.

I have a 2007 Sport Trac V8 Limited 4x2. I was wondering what the biggest size tire I can put on the factory rim. The rim is 18".

Thanks,

Carlos
cisuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Sams01XplrSprt
Southern Cali Explorer
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California

2001 Sport (sold)

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
welcome carlos u got pics of it

Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
eppd00
Sparta,Ga
08 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
eppd00

I kept the stock 20" rims on my Adrenaline. I originally went with 275/60R20(33")Michelins and was able to make them work. I had to massage the rear wheel wells as well as the front. I needed an additional 1" lift on the front,to keep from bottoming out at the top of the well, however no kits appeared to be available at the time. I went down to a 275/55R20 (31.9") and really had no probs.The 1.1" made the difference. You have to take into consideration that I already modified the plastic wheel wells for the 33"tires. I did not make any suspension modifications.
eppd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
FLOffroad
08 Sport Trac Lmtd V6 4x2

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
If you buy a Roadbully lift kit you can get 33"s and be fine. Just find tires that have a rim width to match the rim. I'm pretty sure BFG and Goodyear make AT tires that are 31-33" with 8.5" rim width.
FLOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
JoeCool6972
where ever I may roam...
2007 Sport Trac XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOffroad View Post
If you buy a Roadbully lift kit you can get 33"s and be fine. Just find tires that have a rim width to match the rim. I'm pretty sure BFG and Goodyear make AT tires that are 31-33" with 8.5" rim width.
31" tires will fit with no rubbing, 32" with some rubbing. May cut wheelwell arch to solve that. 33's will fit with a lift kit

I still have a 2.5 ROADBULLY spacer lift for sale BTW...

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page