Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Bronco II > Bronco II

Notices

Bronco II Our Ford Bronco II forum covers maintenance, problem solving, 4x4 issues, and all topics regarding the 1984 - 1990 Ford Bronco II.

85 ranger rear end to 89 Bronco 2

Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
yukon72
whitehorse yukon
89 Bronco 2

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
85 ranger rear end to 89 Bronco 2

I need to replace the rear end in my Bronco 2. I have a 85 Ranger parts truck. I have done the search and read the posts. It looks like I will have to move the spring perches to use the ranger rear end. Is this straight foward to do?

anything else I will need to change?

Bronco has 4.10 gears and Ranger has 3.73 so will swap front at same time- have to take it out change front u joints.
Bronco has 2.9l and al4d 235r7515 tires. Will I notice much with the change in gears.

I do have another Bronco 2 just have to check the gears out on it.
yukon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
4x4junkie
So.Calif.(San Fernando Valley)
'94 Ranger, '90 Bronco II

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The Ranger rearend is a bit narrower than the BII rearend. I wouldn't use it myself. The 3.73 gears are going to hurt your performance some as well (4.10 is actually ideal for 235/75R15 tires).

'94 Ranger XLT
6" Skyjacker, ARB D44 front, Detroit 8.8" rear, Atlas 4.3, 33s
4x4junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page