2005 XLT Code P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 XLT Code P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

Trooperbsb

Reaction score
City, State
Woodbury, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
Good Evening, all.

Tonight I went to pull out my 2005 XLT out of the garage and found it was idling rough to the point it died. I started it again and it was revving between 100-1500 rpms. I let the engine warm up but this did not alleviate the problem. Finally, the truck stalled and would not start again. I read the codes and recieved P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor malfunction. Can I safely assume I need a new sensor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im having the same problem....find any solutions???

Yes. The shop ended up replacing both the fuel rail pressure sensor AND the fuel pump. Now, in retrospect, I wish I had them change the sensor first and fuel pump second as I still wonder if it was truly the pump. I trust my mechanic though (old friends) so I doubt he would lead me astray. Interestingly, I had a minor accident (rear-end) about 3 months prior and it might have been connected.

He may have changed the sensor first and when it didn't fix it he changed the fuel pump? Still had to charge for both though.

ok thanks trooperbsb. i disconnected the sensor it it runs normalish, CEL is still but it doesnt stall out or anything, just crappy fuel mileage. Im going to replace the sensor. thanks for the help!

Back