3rd row seat ???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd row seat ????

diamondx

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm a 3rd row seat in a 07 E.B. sorry no vin.

I am new to the Explorer -- replacing an SRX - maybe.

need 7 passenger seating.

thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's an option. Mine came with powered 3rd row seats.

Mine's a 2007 Eddie Bauer with split 3rd row seating (power) Definitely seating for 7 - 2 in front - 3 in middle - 2 in back

Make sure the 2nd row is a bench and not 2 captains chairs. Mine only seats 6

Is the 3rd row only for kids under 12, or OK for adults? Sorry, I've never been in one, but my next vehicle also needs 3 rows. The Flex won't do for me.

Works fine

The third row works fine for adults. I have used our several times with adults in the third row.

^Thanks -- that's very good info. I'm sure they will have extreme discounts once the '11s are out. It's nearly impossible to find a V8 though:(. I'm guessing they are trying to use up all the 4.0s they can -- since it will soon be a goner.

The third row is ok for adults as long as they are not to tall. I am just under 6 foot and can sit in the third row of my 07 Ex Ltd fine. the seats are narrower than the back seats but do have headrests. I do not know how access is on the 7 pass. Mine is a 6 pass and the two rear buckets collapse forward for good rear seat access. Handling is good even with 6 adults. Get the 8 if you can, I have one of each and the cubes really will move you. The V8 'stang engine just sounds soooo gooood.

4.6l 07 Ltd
4.0l 01 EB

Thanks! I already have the 4.6 in my Sport Trac. I'd be trading my Mariner in. The V8 is a no-brainer, but very hard to find, and only available on EB and Limited models in '10. I really don't understand the use of the 4.0 MPG is worse. What's the point? The 4.0 was nice 10 years ago -- as a replacement for the OHV, but it is severely outdated now.

conversion/adding seat row

just wondering.I have 2002 explorer.It is a 5 seater but I want to convert it into a 7-seater.
Is this simply buying the bench and pop it in the back??

Please help :cool:

I dont think its that easy... plus did you want seatbelts? Does your two floor storage areas readily unbolt to see if there is any other mounting hardware in the floor?

yeah you are right!! first have tomake my visual inspection

'07 Eddie Bauer with folding 3rd row

I have an '07 EB (2WD, 4.0L) with the power-folding third row. I know that there were options for a manual folding 3rd row or power folding.

I have a question regarding this thread, I would like to add the 3rd row to my 2007 EB and I need to know if it is possible. Would you have to also change the 2nd row to gain access to the rear 3rd row?

Real world, most with a V6 can get better gas mileage than with the V8...IF, IF, IF the V6 doesn't have the factory tow package. Tow package on the V6 changes the axle gearing from 3.55 to 3.73. If you have friends complaining about V6 mpgs, they probably have the tow package. V8 tow package (however) gets to keep the 3.55 gearing, since it has a super-low 1st gear with the standard 6-speed auto. V6 still gets the old 5-speed.

To more easily find a 4th-gen truck with the V8, expand your search to Mountaineers, too. I found it much easier to find a V8 Mounty in decent shape, compared to a V8 Explorer. And in my search, I could find plenty of top-end AWD Premier Mountaineers, for less than an Explorer 4x4 Eddie Bauer. The prices on the Explorer Limited 4x4 was rediculous. The only thing I don't have is a low-range transfer case, which is fine for us.

Back