Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Under the Hood > Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC

Notices

Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC Ford Explorer, Ranger, Mountaineer, Bronco II, Air Conditioning and Heating Systems.

Blower motor variable resistor on its way out.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
tellex
scotland
95 Eddie Bauer 4.0 V6 OHV

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Dk Exp Blower motor variable resistor on its way out.

Hi Guys, i've a 1995 USA Explorer 4.0 V6 OHC. It's the EB model with EATC. Fan works on 'high' only, checked it out & I do need a new variable unit. Working in Poland so heater's essential. Ford dealers useless here. So delved into the Net but can't find one ? Need only the unit since the connector, pigtails etc. are all fine. 1995 model has a unique unit since Ford replaced it from 1996. I believed the correct Ford part is XL2Z19E624AA however I then discovered that it should in fact be F1SH19E624AC ? Which is correct or is there yet another one ? Interestingly neither of these numbers are recognised by Fordparts.com. Equally, having net-trawled most of the major US-based autopart dealers: ##################.com; carpartswholesale.com; rockauto.com; autozone.com & so on, no-one has this part in their catalogues either from Ford or from any other manufacturer.
So, what's the correct part and where can I get one ? Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated.
tellex is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Sams01XplrSprt
Southern Cali Explorer
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California

2001 Sport (sold)

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
welcome tell

Old 01-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
Carguy3J
Elite Explorer
North East New Jersey
'99 4dr. XLT SOHC A4WD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
what's with the ########'s in place of the website name he was trying to type? Some sort of foul language filter gone wrong?

Best Time 15.87 e/t @ 86.6MPH in the 1/4
Carguy3J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
BrooklynBay
Brooklyn, NY

88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Vehicle Specs

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the A/C & heater section. The filter on this site is designed to filter specific keywords of certain Ford sites. The automatic temperature control system doesn't use a standard resistor. That might be the reason why you can't find it. You have a control module instead of a resistor.
BrooklynBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
Allmost 50
Auburn Alabama
04 Explorer XLS

Vehicle Specs

Welcome to the site Tellex. Don't feel too bad it's been in the teens farenheit at night here in the South Eastern USA for over a week.
Hope you get a quick responce.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #6
tellex
scotland

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Thanks guys for the warm welcome ! Just to clarify & to help anyone else, I've been searching for a 'blower motor control module' not the standard 'resistor' since I appreciate the '95 EB has EATC. Have just been informed that there's indeed a 3rd part number F7SZ19E624BB. But still so far no luck in defining which of the 3 is correct & where the hell I can get one ? Looking on the bright side, I may consider collaborating with J.K. Rowling and together publishing ' HARRY POTTER AND THE ELUSIVE BMCM ' !!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
BrooklynBay
Brooklyn, NY

88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Vehicle Specs

Contact one of the vendors on this site or post a parts wanted ad in the classified section of this site.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
tellex
scotland

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
An update which may be useful to other 95 4.0 OHV EB owners. Persistence & patience finally paid off and I found the EATC blower motor control module.
The correct part no. is F7SZ19E624BB. This gives you the unit itself plus the connector, pigtails, duraseal connections and the wiring diagram. I decided to replace all items despite the existing connector & pigtails being in good condition. Received it this morning & just finished fitting it. Total job took 65 minutes. Problem solved.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
BrooklynBay
Brooklyn, NY

88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Vehicle Specs

Thanks for the update!

Suggest this thread to friends: