• Register Today It's free!

DD nav/vid/gps install

elcapitanmas

Reaction score
City, State
Coventry Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
Thanks to a good freind, I had a nice heated shop to work in at a local dealership and took the oppurtunity to install as much audio as possible while I could. The head unit is a Clarion NX 409. 5 star unit for the money and its ALL upgradeable.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020NX409/Clarion-NX409.html?search=Clarion+NX+409&ssi=0&tp=20212

Bezel came out with a butter knife, no problem whatsoever, few clips to remove with the heat/ac, 4x4, but very easy to do. Old unit came out no problem, new unit fit right in like a glove, no trim ring needed, looks like it came stock. At first I tried running the GPS antenna to the rear roof, and wasted a good hour trying to make it happen. Antenna ended up on the dashboard, wired up and under the defroster vent, I recieve full signal, no prob, half in a garage. Nice to have it inside so I don't RIP it off when cleaning off snow. Wired a switch to the dvd player that I mounted on the unused buttons of the bezel.

Worked right from the get go with no tweaking needed, video is incredible, gps is spot on with up to date information, sound difference is unbelievable with just run of the mill door speakers. I may not even put in subs or an amp, but replace the door speakers with something a little better.
I did run the ampwires to the HU and up to the firewall for power so far, but ran out of power wire to connect to fuse so that will have to wait for now.

Very impressed with how it all turned out. start to finish, 3.5 hours
outwiththeold.jpg

inwiththenew.jpg

KEmainmenu.jpg

KE7.jpg

will add some more picture of the split screen nav and stuff tommorow,

Back