What number is the fuse for my brake lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What number is the fuse for my brake lights?

roadsmart

Reaction score
City, State
nanaimo bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 areostar
I just picked up a 1992 Aerostar cheap, but the brake lights don't work. Does anyone have information on the fuse box?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your post into its own thread. Do you have an owner's manual? The number should be located on the cover. According to my Ford CD, it says that fuse one (15 amps) is for the stop lamps.

1992 Ford Aerostar fuse cover.

1992_Aerostar_fuse_cover_.jpg

Did you check your brake switch? Are you able to shift out of park when you apply the brake pedal?

Hello,

I have a 1996 Aerostar XLT. The cover is gone from the fuse box, and I don't have a manual yet. Can someone tell me which fuse is for the cigarette lighter? I am plugging in a small ceramic heater to the cigarette lighter to get heat, until I get the heater fixed, and the ceramic heater won't work when I plug it in, so I want to check the fuse.

Thanks

Fuse box diagram

Thanks to Brooklyn Bay for sending the fuse box diagram, and promptly. Unfortunately, the fuse is not the problem for my cigarette-lighter plug-in for a ceramic heater. However, I did get a bit of heat back today, on its own, so there's hope.

Back