Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2006 - 2010 Explorer Mountaineer 4th Generation > Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers

Notices

Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers Stock 2006 -2010 Ford Explorer Forum. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications.

Keyless entry on my 07 Explorer.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
akastle
Houston
07 EB

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Keyless entry on my 07 Explorer.

When I bought this thing from a deal it had been used as a demo. Treatment was not good but I was able to fix all the major problems the next day at no cost!!! (stupid mech at this dealership). BUT they didn't give me the keyless entry card/codes. Can't find them in any of the materials.

Where can I find/access this info just in case I/my wife/one of the kids locks the door with my keys in it.

Akastle
akastle is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
XLTmodifire
Nor*Cal
99' XLT (B4 Autumn Brown)

Vehicle Specs

In the owner's manual, you will find the "keyless entry" section, and it will tell you how to input your personal code. However, you will need to ask the dealer what the factory code is first in order to start.

If you do not have an owners manual, you will probably want to go back to the dealer, and have them do it for you.

First things first, you will need the factory code. Get that, and then you may get started.

Good luck with it, and update us if you have completed it.
XLTmodifire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
akastle
Houston
07 EB

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
I knew about the manual instructions. I need some proceedure on getting the code. The dealership doesn't seem to be very helpful. I was wondering if anyone knew of a Ford link where I could put in info and get them to send it to me?
akastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
loneinventor
Manheim Pa
02 mnty,03 100th,05 lmtd

Vehicle Specs

Thumbs up entry code

when i got my 05 ex at the mitsu dealer the little credit card looking thing with the factory preset code was missing . you must go to the dealer to get the code. this is so somebody can't get the codes and steel your truck...... most dealers will charge about $50 to retrieve the code. i took mine to our small town ford dealer he came outside with their diagnostic lap top jacked it into the code reading port under the dash and gave me the code in less than 5 minutes. best of all he didn't even charge me a penny and said have a nice day....
loneinventor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
BrooklynBay
Brooklyn, NY

88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 2006-2010 section.
BrooklynBay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
bill32399
Oregon
07 ST XLT 4x4 V8

Vehicle Specs

I think the code is on the Key unit itself. Don't remember where its hidden in the truck but there are several forums on here discussing this. You shopuld be able to get the code from there. On the 07 the Code was orginally printed on a credit card style card that was put in the manual cover.
bill32399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #7
A Wise Guy
Translator Extraordinaire
McHenry, IL.

'06 Limited Dark Cherry

Vehicle Specs

You bought the truck from them and they won't give/retrieve the code for you? Tell them to fix your broken door locks under warranty or explain to you how they work. They will need the code in order for them to explain how they work.

A Wise Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
DavidEBSmith
Elite Explorer
Chicago, IL
'07 Mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
According to the service manual, the code is printed on the Smart Junction Box, which is the fuse box under the dash on the driver's side. However, I spent about a half hour dangling under the dash with a flashlight and a mirror, and I could find some writing on the back, but I couldn't read it.

Like everybody else said, the dealer can read the factory code with the dealer scan tool. It takes 5 minutes, the dealer will charge you anywhere from $0 to $50 to do it, depending on how much they want to gouge you.
DavidEBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page