Theft - Need replacement radio trim and mounts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Theft - Need replacement radio trim and mounts?

xoticmike

Reaction score
All,

My Ex just got broken into :( (See pic)

They just bashed the window and ripped out the radio including the trim..

I wanted to replace the trim anyway, but I need almost the entire assembly including air vents..

I was wondering if anyone could help me even start to look..

I still have in tact the right side button panel, but the left side panel is mangled.. my 4WD selector was pwnd.. and the cig lighter lost that too..

Any ideas/thoughts/links would help :(

ExplorerTheft3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ouch! Sorry to hear than man. Good luck.

Your best bet would be a "pick-and-pull" type junkyard. You will be able to pick out which panel you want and the parts you need.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune

This is never good man..mine got broken into and my ipod was stolen, it sucks. But there is always a replacement so no worries!

Let me know if you can't find one, I have a spare, has 4wd switch,rear wiper, rear defrost, but does not have fog lights

Wow they really just ripped that thing out, judging by how those 3 plugs on the right are still plugged in.. When I put a new deck in mine a few months ago, I honestly couldn't believe how easy it was to pop the outer trim off and just pull the whole thing right out.. I didn't even do the stereo initially using the "ford tool" aka coat hanger - I slid the whole thing out including the air vents, only cuz it was much easier than fiddling around when it was still in the dash..

A junkyard sounds like the best idea tho, if you have some decent ones in your area.. If you search around there's even online places selling used stuff, but a legit junkyard would most likely be cheapest.

Back