SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
my trans has taken a liking to intermittently throwing up fluid from the breather.

i thougth it might be a line restriction so i byppassed the rad, wich seems to have improved flow to the piggy backed dyal coolers i have, but its still doing it.

i can set the level while hot idling in park, go drive it and sometimes it will puke, and sometimes it wont.
either way i think ive ruled out an overfilled issue.

i dont want to pull the trans till i have a good idea of whats going on here. i hate throwing parts at vehicles, esp my own, when i dont understand the cause of the problem

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you pulled a line and ran it for a couple seconds to see what the pressure looks like? That's something I would try. I would say do it after both the coolers so you check those in the process. Just be careful, it can move a lot of fluid quickly.

Also what does the fluid look like? I would imagine if some crap got in there it could plug something. You could also drop the pan and just take a quick look at things to see if you can find excessive dirt.

Beyond that I'm not sure what would cause it to puke out the breather. I have run mine a quart or more high for many months without it puking anywhere, and that was getting it pretty hot too.

fluid looks fine, atleast that wich i can see

the only thing keepin me from dropin the pan is if i drop the pan, fill it with fluid, then drop the trans and fill that with fluid it seems a little well... wastefull

adjusted the bands, adjusted the kickdown cable, found the vacume modulator to be leaking, swaped that out ran it... shifts fine 1-3 no puking

and no od....

Did you knock a wire loose for the OD? Also, if you put the shifter in D will it lock up the torque converter?

I guess if you didn't knock the wires loose on the outside then a solenoid died. Not all that hard to replace once you get the pan off.

looks like a plethora of probs surfacing at once

i have an erratic vss signal, that is also causing my stubble at idle.. ill sort that out tomorow and see where we stand. new sensor will be there in the am... if not then maby where i tapped the vss signal for the overhead console temp could be the prob...

no one seems to catre but im still pluging away....

vss signal problem isnt from the vss.... nor is it from where i taped in for the overhead console...

im startin to think i have a computer problem, as the situation seems to get worse as the computer gets warmer....

They sell cans of cold air at electronic shops. You can spray it on the ecm and if the problem goes away, you know you found the issue.

~Mark

funny you should say that i dug one out here a few minutes ago, but im to lazy to go back down to the truck tonight.

i have a funny suspicion that the computer in here is not the one i want to be in here.... i have this one, and the one for the 94... (wich the truck wont run on due to the emisions stuff) that leaves me with the unacounted one that was in the lake... unless this is that one... in wich case, yea.... you see where im goin with this

Back