• Register Today It's free!

Code PO745

Mr17five

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I'm getting this code on my 02 xlt and it reading a solenoid pressure control. Is this a major problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends on what you consider major. Damage can happen if you continue to drive. There could be a bad wire outside the trans or inside the trans. Pan has to come down and wire and solenoid checked.

I brought her to a shop and they're saying something like 330 just to find out the exact problem, is this worth it or should i just check it out myself (no experience)?

There's no guarantee that you will be able to fix, if I remember right the 02 uses a solenoid block that contains all the solenoids which means expensive as just one can't be replaced. Search the forum to see if I am right. Still if that's the problem it's not a hard fix. Can't advise you as I don't know your capabilities, many people don't like messing around with oil. You have to decide. 300 sounds high just for a diagnose.

Read this sticky---- 5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement w/photos.------

Thanks for your help! Seems like a job i will be able to tackle, that 300 just for the check up is OUTRAGEOUS, where hopefully i can do a fix under 200

The sticky that I mentioned also has some references to good prices for the solenoid block. Shipping and taxes may make buying there not worth it. Do some more reading you may also want to put new separator plate gaskets in while it is open, may not be necessary. Keep us posted on the progress.

Back