Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2006 - 2010 Explorer Mountaineer 4th Generation > Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers

Notices

Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers Stock 2006 -2010 Ford Explorer Forum. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications.

Horn Location

Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Divemaster191307
Germantown, MD
'07 EB

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Horn Location

Where the heck is the horn located on a 2007 Explorer? I got a Stebel Nautilus that was going to get installed on my bike, but it's a little big, so I'm thinking of putting it in the Explorer...

Last edited by Divemaster191307; 08-16-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Divemaster191307 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
stuartr
Richlands, VA
2002 Mercury Mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bet it is on the same place as my 02 was. If so there is one on both sides. They are up under the inner fenders down near the bumper in the front ofcourse. Kinda hard to find especially if you are in the situation I was both were dead. You can get some one to tap the horn and you look for it. They are easy to put in but a pain to get to, I just loosened the inner fender enough and pulled it back some.
STU

Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Divemaster191307
Germantown, MD
'07 EB

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Thanks Stu. I'll look tonight. I don't need to take them out, just get to the wiring so that I can "splice in" the Stebel.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
DavidEBSmith
Elite Explorer
Chicago, IL
'07 Mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

Huh. I like the Mountaineer horns so much, I was actually thinking about getting a set of them and putting them on my bike.
DavidEBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Divemaster191307
Germantown, MD
'07 EB

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEBSmith View Post
Huh. I like the Mountaineer horns so much, I was actually thinking about getting a set of them and putting them on my bike.
I get "pushed over" on my Vulcan at least once a week, so I want something with a little more gusto than the rather lame OEM horn. Even the loud Vance & Hines pipes don't register with cagers ... I may still end up trying to find a location to put the Nautilus on there, but for now, I have a $40 Air Horn laying in my basement, gathering dust, so I thought I'd give it a home on the Explorer.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
Lukas2009
Cologne, Germany
2007 Eddie Bauer V6

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Could you make pictures of the horns position and tell us what to do to reach them?
One week ago I also asked for the location of the horns, but didn't get any answer.
Saturday I was able to locate the horns, when laying under the car and using a lamp.
Lukas2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
stuartr
Richlands, VA
2002 Mercury Mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

I took the inner fender down not out just enough to get to them. Not easy but if I remember you just loosen the nut and they slip off sideways or pull off the front or back. Not too hard to do, just tight in there.

STU

Old 06-06-2011, 04:50 AM   #8
Lukas2009
Cologne, Germany
2007 Eddie Bauer V6

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Found the horns but for the moment too much work to replace them.
Very hard to reach the screw because there is not much room.
Removed one of the two inner fenders.

Lukas2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page