Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Ford Explorer Sport Trac Forums > 2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac

Notices

2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac All questions related to the 2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac model.

Premium cd changer errors

Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
rurso684
Long Island New York
2003 SPORT TRAC XLT

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Premium cd changer errors

How can I reset my stock CD changer for my 02 sport trac with out taking it out? I have errors every time i try to play a cd and i can not eject them.
rurso684 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn what modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to see less ads, no green underlined links, and many other benefits such as being able to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
ncranchero
Sport Trac Moderator
Denver,NC

Truckin' on Pat & Charlie

Vehicle Specs

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
ACM Self-Diagnostic Mode (ACM= Audio Control Module)

NOTE: To enter the speaker walk-around test or ACM self-diagnostic mode, the ACM must be turned on and in radio tuner mode (AM/FM).

The ACM self-diagnostic mode has five tests available:
Preset Button 1 = Audio internal/external SELF TEST. This test is an on-demand self-test. If SELF FAIL is displayed, press TUNE > to scroll view the DTCs stored. Refer to the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index. If the system is OK, SELF PASS will be displayed.
Preset Button 2 = View/Clear continuous DTCs. NO DTCS is displayed if no DTCs are retrieved. If DTCS FOUND is displayed, press TUNE > to view the DTCs retrieved. Refer to the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index. To clear all DTCs, press the EJECT button. DTCS CLEAR will be displayed.
NOTE: Always DOCUMENT, CLEAR and CARRY OUT the CDX6 On-Demand Self-Test again.

Preset Button 3 = SIGNAL TEST. This test measures the average strength at the current tuner setting.
Preset Button 4 = Software configuration level. This test queries each radio system controller for its software configuration level. SOFT LEVELS will be displayed upon completion of the query. Press TUNE > to scroll view the software configuration version level.
Preset Button 5 = DISPLAY TEST. This test will light all the ACM display segments for five seconds. When the test is complete, DISPLAY TEST is displayed on the bezel.
To enter these tests, depress the desired preset button while in the speaker walk-around test or while in the ACM self-diagnostic mode.
To exit the ACM self-diagnostic mode, turn the ignition switch or the audio unit off.
If the concern remains and the fault is not detected, proceed to the Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics.

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index

DTC Description Action
B1342 ECU Is Defective CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test. REMOVE the audio unit and SEND it to an authorized Ford audio system repair facility if DTC B1342 is retrieved again. TEST the system for normal operation after the repair.
B2401 Audio Tape Deck Mechanism Fault Not applicable. Vehicle is not equipped with a cassette player. CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test.
B2402 Audio CD/DJ Thermal Shutdown Fault Not applicable. Vehicle is not equipped with a CD/DJ player. CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test.
B2403 Audio CD/DJ Internal Fault Not applicable. Vehicle is not equipped with a CD/DJ player. CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test.
B2405 Audio Single-Disc CD Player Thermal Shutdown Fault Not applicable to CDX6. CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test. If DTC 2405 is retrieved again, REMOVE the audio unit and SEND it to an authorized Ford system repair facility. TEST the system for normal operation after the repair.
B2406 Audio Single-Disc CD Player Internal Fault Not applicable to CDX6. CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test. If DTC 2406 is retrieved again, REMOVE the audio unit and SEND it to an authorized Ford system repair facility. TEST the system for normal operation after the repair.
U2003 Audio Compact Disc/Disc Jockey (CD/DJ) Is Not Responding Not applicable. Vehicle is not equipped with a CD/DJ player. CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test.
U2005 Audio Rear Integrated Control Panel (RICP) Unit Is Not Responding NOTE: U2005 is retrieved if RICP is not present, disconnected or inoperative.

VERIFY if the vehicle is equipped with RICP.
U2008 Cellular Phone Communication Fault. Not applicable. Vehicle is not equipped with a cellular phone. CLEAR and DOCUMENT the DTCs. CARRY OUT the self-test.

1994 F150 4x4 4.9L/5-speed 160K miles,
1995 Ranger 2.3L/5-sp/3.73 78K miles "Plain Jane"SOLD
How to post photos
ncranchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
rurso684
Long Island New York
2003 SPORT TRAC XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
What is the acm?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
ncranchero
Sport Trac Moderator
Denver,NC

Truckin' on Pat & Charlie

Vehicle Specs

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Audio Control Module ................. fancy name for Radio.

1994 F150 4x4 4.9L/5-speed 160K miles,
1995 Ranger 2.3L/5-sp/3.73 78K miles "Plain Jane"SOLD
How to post photos
ncranchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
rurso684
Long Island New York
2003 SPORT TRAC XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Im not sure what all that is. When i try to listen to a cd the display reads "CD ERROR" I can not eject or load into any of the 6 slots.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
chad551
St.Louis, MO
2002 Explorer Sport Trac

Vehicle Specs

Disconnect the negative cable from the battery for a few minutes. It will reset the radio. Mine did that ALOT, finally took it out and gently placed it in the trash.

chad551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
rurso684
Long Island New York
2003 SPORT TRAC XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
i disconnected the negative terminal for about 5-10 minutesand it still is not reseting the radio at all. how long did you keep it disconnected?
Old 08-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
GRNMACHINE
IL
95 Sport 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad551 View Post
Disconnect the negative cable from the battery for a few minutes. It will reset the radio. Mine did that ALOT, finally took it out and gently placed it in the trash.
Same Here. If it doesnt reset and work, you may have a failing changer.

"Thy shall Not Leaveth Thou Chariot Stocketh" Explorer 2nd Genesis

GRNMACHINE
GRNMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
chad551
St.Louis, MO
2002 Explorer Sport Trac

Vehicle Specs

Sounds like you have the serious issue i had to. I went through 2 or 3 radios before it finally got tossed in the trash. I had to take my radio to the dealer and they sent it out to a repair shop. The repair shop mailed me back my CD's and a new radio. Usually disconnecting the cable resets the radio and all is goof for a little while.

chad551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page