Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2006 - 2010 Explorer Mountaineer 4th Generation > Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers

Notices

Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers Stock 2006 -2010 Ford Explorer Forum. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications.

service rsc control now

Old 11-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
rbellem
spring hill fl
2008 mercury mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Unhappy service rsc control now

I get this loud beeping and red message saying service rsc now on my 2008 Mountaineer. Car runs ok but the the climate control don,t cool and the temperature gauge on the dash does not move . Car was sitting for a week and was fine when I parked it a week ago .
rbellem is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

Elite Explorer Special Offer!! -- Join between Nov 28 - Dec 5, 2014 and get two years for the price of one. That's right just $20 for a two yearElite Explorer membership. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
08Fordchick
Destin Florida
2008 Ford Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you find out what it is?

we have a 2008 ford explorer, just bought it less than two weeks ago. Here's what happens:
You turn the key on the check engine light is on, the abs light is on. You start driving down the road and if the speed limit is less than 40MPH the vehicle will randomly start applying the brakes. If you stay under 40MPH it will continue to do this.. If you go over 40MPH more dash warnings come up (the service RSC now, the traction car icon) and the two that were already up there (abs, and check engine light) are still there. This is a major safety concern because anyone that is driving behind you in traffic bumper to bumper will not know when/why you are braking...in fact you the driver don't even know when your vehicle is going to break ... what is going on?
08Fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
polizi212
Northeast Ohio.
2008 Ford Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Fordchick View Post
Did you find out what it is?

we have a 2008 ford explorer, just bought it less than two weeks ago. Here's what happens:
You turn the key on the check engine light is on, the abs light is on. You start driving down the road and if the speed limit is less than 40MPH the vehicle will randomly start applying the brakes. If you stay under 40MPH it will continue to do this.. If you go over 40MPH more dash warnings come up (the service RSC now, the traction car icon) and the two that were already up there (abs, and check engine light) are still there. This is a major safety concern because anyone that is driving behind you in traffic bumper to bumper will not know when/why you are braking...in fact you the driver don't even know when your vehicle is going to break ... what is going on?

You will need to have the codes pulled, check your local Autozone some have OBDII readers that will do ABS codes. it can be a wheel speed sensor, or rear tone ring or even a wheel bearing issue, until you have the code pulled you will just be guessing. Let us know what you find out!
polizi212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
Partsman109
Elite Explorer
Westerly, RI
'09 XLT 4WD V6

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the annoying "SERVICE RSC NOW" alert on my wife's 2009. I brought it to Advanced to have them scan it and came up with a left front ABS sensor code. Just to make sure I scanned it again myself with a handheld from a tech at work and pulled the same code. I just changed it on Saturday and haven't had any alerts since.

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page