. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Washer problem.

It may be a failure in the GEM multi-function computer. Duncan

multifuntion switchs on these go out... this could be the result of a worn switch

Ay up Mel,
If there is a relay for the washers, it could have got stuck in the power position.
Kev.

HI Mel,

Did you manage to find the relay?

Roger

1 Fuse Box.jpg 1 Relay.jpg

OMG were you trying to have your own hydrogen cell. Glad it worked out. Give chris a call he'll prob be able to sort out a load of realys and box etc
Glad you got it sorted

I'm quite interested by this - it sits well with a theory I've recently developed about my truck. I've been wondering how many of the "faults" it has are actual faults and how many might just be crap connections/earths?

What got me thinkning was the state of my blower connector when it finally came off - the return had clearly been very hot for some time. The other thing that I've noticed is my fuel gauge will vary by half a segment (1/8 tank) for no apparent reason, Sometimes it's higher, sometimes lower - and it's not related to vehicle attitude of fuel volume. I can drive home from work and arrive with (apparently) more fuel than I left.

Same goes for my gearbox "fault". Sometimes it takes an hour for the light to flash, sometimes it's from the turn of the ket. Sometimes it comes on then goes off. Sometimes it comes back.

All sounds electrical soemhow and having seen the above, I'm even more inclined to poke around.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread by the way but it's a great example! Any experience anyone?

Cheers,

Jon

Good result.....don't you just love days like that?

Mike

Glad you got them working mel.

All the best for crimbo.
:D
Roger

Back