Overheating problem with 01 sports trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Overheating problem with 01 sports trac

L3g1t

Reaction score
City, State
Spring,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sports trac
My truck keeps overheating. New radiator assembly, thermostat, fan clutch, upper hose, radiator cap. Coolant is full in overflow tank and in radiator. No leaks into oil, or on the ground that I've noticed. No white smoke coming out of my tail pipe. I'm stumped. Any ideas? (might be related) my check engine light is blinking. Talked to a mechanic and he said it's my fuel filter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the upper radiator hose get real hot? It could have an air lock/bad new t-stat/etc. With the engine hot and the cap removed (CAUTION ! ! ) do you see water circulating in the radiator? I've seen water pump impellers become loose and not spin with the pulley/shaft.

Ask your mechanic what code number means " it's your fuel filter" ...... I'd like to know what that number is.

The engine light blinking is a sign of engine misfire that could damage cat converters.

The engine light blinking is a sign of engine misfire that could damage cat converters.

I read right over that.

What's your take on the overheating?

The radiator hose is extremely hot. And my truck is overheating quickly (within 6 miles)

It could be air pocket or false overheat or inaccurate gauge. For the car to overheat within 6 miles is very fast and not very common.

Back