Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Ford Explorer - Ranger Tires & Wheels

Notices

Ford Explorer - Ranger Tires & Wheels Want to know what size tire or wheel combo will work with your Ford Explorer or Ranger based vehicle? Interested in Beadlocks or Dubs? Learn all about them here.

Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15

Old 03-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
fordkevin
Gladstone oregon
1997 ford explorer xlt

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15

Whats up u all im geting a new set of Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15
for my 1997 ford explorer 4x4 stock ill let u know how they do off road and on road ..... p.s any one know the cheapest way to lift my explorer please i want it higher
fordkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Slowy
Tampa, FL
98 5.0L 2wd Mounty

Vehicle Specs

Check out the modified (your year) explorer section. 3"body lift is $170 shipped. 2" shackles are about $70 and a torsion twist is free
Slowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Willard
Elite tree-smasher
Bloomington, Indiana

04 Ranger Edge

Vehicle Specs

I had those tires on my explorer, they lasted about 20k if that. They are terrible tires, didn't wear evenly, and when I replaced them all 4 had multiple broken bands. Couldn't drive on the highway with fear of a tire blowing out or the whole vehicle shaking apart. One of the front tires wouldn't hold air for the last week or so I had it, either. I had to air it up every time I went somewhere.

So I'm telling you right now, don't buy them. They are not worth the cheap price they put on them. Terrible tires, and traction wasn't that great either.

'04 Ranger Edge DD "Black Knight"

You want to see my face?

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Slowy
Tampa, FL
98 5.0L 2wd Mounty

Vehicle Specs

What tires would you recommend then?
Slowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
sport97
Elite Procrastinator
connellsville pa

1997 sport SOHC 4.0

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My parents have them on their Bravada in the same size. They are loud and ride rough, i swear the steering wheel vibrates from them. No clue on mileage as the mechanic slapped them on there for inspection in December. Only thing I like so far is they are good in the snow. The bravada made it around good, even with the Smarttrak awd being broken. Hell it took me 25 minutes to determine it didn't work.

My ex
-Vince
sport97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #6
DsN
Pennsylvania
'00 Mountaineer V8

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
I had those tires on my explorer, they lasted about 20k if that. They are terrible tires, didn't wear evenly, and when I replaced them all 4 had multiple broken bands. Couldn't drive on the highway with fear of a tire blowing out or the whole vehicle shaking apart. One of the front tires wouldn't hold air for the last week or so I had it, either. I had to air it up every time I went somewhere.

So I'm telling you right now, don't buy them. They are not worth the cheap price they put on them. Terrible tires, and traction wasn't that great either.
I had them on my 1992 Explorer years ago. Mine didn't wear evenly either despite religiously rotating them. I couldn't really tell you how many miles were on them but I had to ditch them because they started breaking down at the sidewalls. Hopefully they've improved them since then.
DsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
fordkevin
Gladstone oregon
1997 ford explorer xlt

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
well this is the 2end set so far 11miles on them so far i might go up to goat this weakend to test them my dad got them for me but im geting winter tires also whin i get the cash any other cheap ways to lift it i only want to lift it about 2inchs
fordkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
That911guy
Ashland City, TN
2000 XLS

Vehicle Specs

I just got these installed yesterday on my truck. It actually rides better now than it did before. Getting it aligned tomorrow. But definately rides softer than before. Very smooth so far.
That911guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page